Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
rikkilee
Style_council
rikkilee

Has anyone travelled alone?
I really want to see the world and not miss out on anything. Been thinking about doing Contiki tours as they seem to be the safest way to travel “alone”.

What are your opinions and/or tips??

x

posted almost 3 years ago
1 2
zerofussinfo
Style_council
zerofussinfo

One advice: don’t travel alone unless you’re mentally strong, meaning you’re ready for everything, because anything can happen and you’ll be alone to face it.

posted almost 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I’ve done it alone lots of times. Usually I just don’t feel like waiting until my friends want to go to, so I just buy a ticket and go. But I hang out by myself a lot, so I guess I’m used to it. If you always are around people, you might feel kind of lonely. One piece of advice is to stay in hostels, because it’s much easier to meet others that way.

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

Wow you are very independent, strong and have personality! I would never travel alone, I would be too afraid of doing that! I don`t even like to stay at home alone, imagine travel! But please be very very careful if you are really going to travel alone!!!

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

My advice is to be careful and strong, have fun!

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I have mixed feelings about traveling alone. I kinda want to try it because I’d love to be independent and go where I want to go, when I want to go, and not have to answer to anyone else I’m traveling with. On the other hand, I’m fairly petite and I wouldn’t feel totally safe exploring an unfamiliar city without family or a trusted friend.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I love to be alone. I’ve never actually considered traveling alone, but I like the idea of it. I normally enjoy the company of a friend or family member when traveling, but going it alone also sounds exciting!

posted over 1 year ago

EvelynJ
Style_council
EvelynJ

i love traveling alone.. ok. it’s kinda scary and everything but it’s tottaly worth it. Everyone should be brave doing this

posted about 1 year ago

pupuren
Style_council
pupuren

I have and it’s a very different experience. I quite enjoy it sometimes. When I travel with friends, there are times when I feel pressured to take in things quickly. But when I’m alone, I can spend hours in a museum without feeling guilty. The con is when I want to comment on stuff I see while traveling and it’s frustrating to not have anyone to tell them to. On the bright side, making acquaintances with strangers has been a great and unexpected experience of traveling alone. Most of the time though, I’d much rather go with friends so we could go crazy (just a little bit). And it helps when you’re lost and have someone to share the unexpected adventure with. :)

posted about 1 year ago

thisischanelle
New_user thisischanelle is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When thisischanelle reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thisischanelle

I’m assuming most of the people cautious about going alone are American? It seems characteristic of my US friends to be scared of overseas countries – and I don’t mean that in a condescending way, it’s just something I’ve noticed about my besties in Colorado. Most of my friends as well as myself have travelled both in Australia and overseas alone before.

Anyway, I prefer travelling alone, as I usually am travelling to meet friends who live overseas anyway. I often go to cities where I don’t know anybody though and still have a great time. Staying in hostels helps, as does couchsurfing. The only city where I’ve wished I’d had somebody with me was Paris, but that’s definitely an anomaly.

posted about 1 year ago

dorathelauren
Style_council
dorathelauren

i just feel it’s much safer to go with other people. just one other person would be okay. you never know what’s going to happen, and it’s best to have a friend there to help

posted 11 months ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION