Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AliciaCamacho
New_user AliciaCamacho is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When AliciaCamacho reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
AliciaCamacho

I am determined to go to Europe this August, but my bestfriend doesn’t really want to spend all that money on a trip. Should I just go by myself or find someone who would like to go with me?

posted about 3 years ago
JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

i’m an extrovert, so i love(and have) to be with people—it’s more fun that way! I highly recommend finding one companion. having a friend around also helps battle homesickness.

but for safety reasons, i believe you should try to find someone to travel with. sure, 99% of people traveling by themselves are fine, but you’re a pretty girl and JUST IN CASE of a crisis it’s always better to have a buddy.

If you go by yourself, make sure SOMEONE knows your itinerary…when you’re supposed to leave a certain city, when you’re supposed to check into a hotel, etc.

buon viaggio! :)

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think if you really want to go to Europe, you should find a way to go even if you have to go alone. My first year in Japan I had trouble finding people who wanted to take the same trips as me, but my second year I finally grew the balls to travel completely by myself to South Korea. I had a great time and I was really proud of myself! While I think it’s more fun to travel with a friend, if you can’t find anyone and it’s a choice between traveling alone and not going at all, it’s definitely better to travel alone! Don’t miss our on opportunities just because the people you know don’t want to take them with you.

HOWEVER, I agree with JanelleEfe that you should keep in mind your safety. Traveling totally alone can be difficult (especially if you don’t know the local language!) and even dangerous. If you do go alone, my recommendation is to find some sort of youth tour group you can book with so you’ll always be sightseeing with at least a small group of people— and you can make some friends! But at the very least plan and reserve all of your accommodations, transportation, and sightseeing excursions well in advance so you always know where you are going and don’t risk getting lost or being at the mercy of strangers who may not have your best interests at heart.

posted about 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

I would not let anyone hold me back; just be safe if traveling alone!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION