Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
coco_chic_couture
New_user coco_chic_couture is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When coco_chic_couture reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
coco_chic_co...

Ok so I am traveling to Italy at the end of April and staying for 2 weeks. I am at a loss for what to pack! I have heard from everyone that you NEED to pack light…. that makes me laugh because I have NEVER packed light! I don’t even know what that means! So my question is, what key essentials should I pack, that I can wear multiple ways, so that I can bring the least amount of luggage possible. I want to look fashionable, but comfortable seeing as how I will be moving around a lot. PLEASE HELP!

posted over 3 years ago
newday_newoutfit
Style_council
newday_newou...

pick a few cardigans (depending on the weather) or tanks that you can mix and match. Also, dont overpack on things like jeans or shorts, that can be worn more than once. I just went to France over spring break last month, and packed 2 pairs of jeans, my favorite suede boots that match w/ everything, black boots, flats (perfect for walking and traveling in), cardigans, tanks, sweaters, and a few blazers i could mix and match. just make sure you go light on shoe packing, its the easiest way to fill up your suitcase and add to the weight limit of your suitcase, unless you want to pay the extra money, for me ididn’t want to go over the 50 lbs beecause it was $100. hope this helped you. have fun in Italy! i’ve very jealous!

posted over 3 years ago

effervescentevelina
Style_council
effervescent...

Oooh, sounds fun! I’ve never been to Italy, but here’s a useful article on how to pack for traveling: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/05/06/business/businessspecial/20100506-pack-ss.html

posted over 3 years ago

eviamar
Style_council
eviamar

Yes you should pack light because Italy is great to go shopping and you want to have enough space for all the new things your buy.:) Depending on your style just pack one or two blazers or cardigans if it is chilly. Definately pack some shoes that are comfortable to walk around on so you can do all the touristy things without your feet hurting. Those are the essentials. If you need anything you can always buy, so enjoy your trip!

posted over 3 years ago

miyukisarah
Style_council
miyukisarah

I never pack light either haha. It is definitely smarter to though. I would assume that if you’re going to a foreign country you’ll do your fair share of shopping, so take the essential clothes and toiletries.

I would suggest if you can, taking two suitcases. A big one, and then pack a small one inside of it. So then you definitely have room for your shopping sprees ;)

posted over 3 years ago

FauveAndHunter
Style_council
FauveAndHunter

I hate packing light, it means Im gonna show up with nothing I want, but I had to learn to do it. My system is totally weird, but I help everyone with their suitcases now.

I empty my wardrobe, literally. (its also an excuse to clear out useless pieces, and clean up)
Three piles, one of those trusty things you always look good in, the 2nd of things you know you really don’t need, and one of maybes, things you like but often overlook.
Pick the best from the Yes pile, and a few from the maybe, things that would go well with the first pile. Also, you’ll probably shop, and jewelry is a big outfit transformer.

posted over 3 years ago

sarahmydarling
Style_council
sarahmydarling

If i were you id bring alot of neutral and black leggings, pants, and jackets. Then pack a couple colourful, bright tops and jewelry. Pack what you know you will definately wear.

posted over 3 years ago

Rainbow_Tights
Style_council
Rainbow_Tights

I’m jealous!!! Have fun it Italy! You’re definitely going to buy more than you plan to, so leave room in your suitcase. Shipping things internationally is very expensive as are extra baggage fees. I would pack classic staple pieces, like your favorite pair of jeans, a shirtdress, basic t-shirts and blouses, etc. Pack fun lightweight accessories to mix things up, like scarves and costume jewelry. But keep in mind not to take anything that you’re not prepared to lose, especially jewelry! Also, if you bring a pair of comfortable flats, they will serve you well, but be completely destroyed by the end of the trip.

posted over 3 years ago

AnnikaVictoria
Style_icon
AnnikaVictoria

@ TheLingerNots thank you, that helps so much!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION