SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
theBangedBlonde
Style_council
theBangedBlonde

Hey, within the year I am going to teach English in South Korea. Just wanted to know, has anyone else taught in a country besides their own, and did you have a good experience? I’ve had friends who’ve gone and loved it!

posted about 2 years ago
mercik
Style_council
mercik

You have my dream job. Please have fun for me.
I love south Korean culture, k-dramas and K pop
I have some friends who have taught English overseas in countries such as Laos and cambodia.

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Oh! Are you doing the what Simon and Martina from EatYourKimchi did? If you haven’t heard about them, they have a lot of helpful and funny videos on living and teaching in Korea.

Have a great trip and have fun!

posted about 2 years ago

theBangedBlonde
Style_council
theBangedBlonde

I’ll definitely have to check that out! I’ve heard only good things too!

posted about 2 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Awesome! I taught in Japan for two years. It was a lot of fun and a very enriching experience. I recommend learning as much of the language as you can and immersing yourself in the culture, making local friends, etc; it really makes a huge difference.

Do you know how long you’ll be working there, or will you decide how long you’ll stay once you’ve been working?

posted about 2 years ago

julieangel122
Style_council
julieangel122

An old teacher of mine taught in South Korea as well! Seoul I believe. He loved the experience of the culture and the student’s drive to learn.

posted about 2 years ago

JosephineLois
Style_council
JosephineLois

I am going to be teaching in Japan by the end of the year and am very excited! I had a friend who taught English in Korea for two years and he loved it :) The best part he said was learning the language and becoming a bi-lingual! Good luck and your adventures!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION