SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

Personally, I am a truly spontaneous traveler. I have a history of convincing my friends it is a good idea to leave town at 11 pm, travel to a destination 3 to 6 hours away, with no place to stay, and still unsure of our exact destination. We always have such epic adventures. These trips have got to be some of the most fun trips I have ever had. And at the end of the day, even if things don’t go our way at all, none of us would change it for the world.

posted over 3 years ago
Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

it sounds nice but i’m too much of a planner

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

a few hours’ drive reasonable, I’ve gone on a few “hey, it’s 2 AM, let’s drive to -”.
but actual vacations i would plan, especially if they require going somewhere pretty far away. I’d hate to book a flight, only to realize I was missing valuable things or couldn’t find a hotel. if the destination is far and time is precious, planned is definitely the way to go.

posted over 3 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

I’d love to travel spontaneously.

posted over 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

I think any trip is fun because i LOVE to travel!

posted over 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

that would be amazing! but i can never do something like that at the moment – caught up in too many things to be able to just drop everything and go

posted over 3 years ago

MumMadeItCool
Style_council
MumMadeItCool

Definitely no planning is my thing! Went to Croatia last year with friends. Booked my flight 2 days before i left. We were wanting to camp… we did not take a tent, or sleeping bags. Ended up being given a 2 man pop up tent for 2 people! We gave priority to our bags and i slept outside on an adopted lilo! Great times. Year before that i took off to Thailand for two months. Booked flight a week before and planned everything else when i was there. The best way.

posted over 3 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

that’s the best way!!! spontaneous things are the most fun!!!!

posted over 2 years ago

ciuxy
Style_council
ciuxy

planned travel

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

A spontaneous weekend is fun but longer than that I need it planned out.

posted over 2 years ago

dauielle
Style_council
dauielle

Spontaneous travel sounds so adventurous and exciting! But personally, I prefer planned travel. You can figure out where you want to visit, so you don’t miss out on anything, and what’s open/closed etc.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i feel like spontaneous travel sounds extremely fun but I’ve never done it!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I don’t travel nearly as much as I would like to, but I have a tendency to stress way too much about planning things. I would love to take off on a random trip anywhere though!

posted over 2 years ago

emmasworld
New_user emmasworld is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When emmasworld reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
emmasworld

Ive done both, and spontaneous is always the way to go! Its so much more exciting and interesting! Planned is only nice as you have something to look forward to…but they never live up to your expectations. Just go, have no expectations and just explore!

posted over 2 years ago

KeilaFromPR
Style_council
KeilaFromPR

Planned Travel

posted over 2 years ago

juls1008
Style_council
juls1008

It depends, both are great. I prefer to have a plan for actual travel and lodging, a budget of what I can afford to spend, but not a trip with a detailed itinerary and every moment planned, rather having the freedom to explore or take detours, just enjoy the experiences and discovering new things that you can’t plan for. Plus, a lot of times the unplanned moments in life (and travel) are the most fun and memorable. So I guess a combination. Really, unless an event is involved that I am attending, most of the planning I like to do would be making sure I can afford it.

posted over 2 years ago

Luisanafr
Style_council
Luisanafr

Spontaneous because you don’t build up expectations . Therefore there is no way to be disappointed and have a bad trip.

posted over 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I like a mixture of both. It’s great to have something to look forward to.

Then again, spontaneous is fun and it feels great to be that carefree! Last year, my friend and I spontaneously decided to go to Amsterdam for the weekend. That was great!

posted over 2 years ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

I always plan my vacations. Mostly because I am only 18 and my parents need to know where i’ll be and how much money I’ll be needing :)

posted over 2 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I haven’t had a spontaneous trip like that in 2 years. I remember my friends and I decided to take a road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles, and it happened within hours. It was probably one of the best trips I’ve ever had. I wish I could do that more often.

posted almost 2 years ago

marion05
New_user marion05 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When marion05 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
marion05

It is sound challenging but for me it is better if you plan it in order for you to make everything going to be fine.In Finland where i am going to travel i already planned it well and i already booked also in hotelli Espoo or hotel espoo which is quite cheap and i have a lot of reason to spend money and challenging stuff their like skiing.

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

There’s no way I can go on a spontaneous trip. I need everything planned down to every little detail. I freak out when I can’t plan things.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION