Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mintmochaformimi
New_user mintmochaformimi is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When mintmochaformimi reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
mintmochafor...

I will be in Spain for intensive language training for 10 weeks starting this 16th of may. During my free time I honestly do not know what I can do or where I can go. Any suggestions?

posted almost 3 years ago
headbandit
Style_council
headbandit

I’ve been to Spain and stayed in Barcelona and Madrid….shopping is great in both places! I also recommend going to an authentic tapas restaurant…amazing food!!

vbnavarro
New_user vbnavarro is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When vbnavarro reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
vbnavarro

what a great opportunity! i agree with headbandit, you’ll be able to shop a lot and eat really well! those are 2 of my favorite things about Spain. i’d check out whats going on locally – concerts, festivals, markets etc. i bet your language course folks will have some good tips. where are you headed to?
have fun!

moodlook
Style_council
moodlook

In wich city are u staying? I know very well spain… I lived in Barcelona for a while and my family is from Bilbao, so I know a lot of cities…
Since the country in small, during the weekend u could do little trips to another cities.
Ibiza and Barcelona have the best parties for sure!
And the shops from the Inditex group (that owns Zara) are very cheap there! So u can do a lot of good shopping too!
The museums are great, since Spain has a lot of famous artists! (Dalí, Picasso, Miró, Gaudí…)

You could take a look at my blog too… I give a lot of tips for Spain and France. The only problem is that the posts are in portuguese :/ sorry! http://themoodlook.com/

Rainbow_Tights
Style_council
Rainbow_Tights

Barcelona is the best city in Spain (if you would call it part of Spain)! Montjuic is beautful, and every Thursday night there is a water/light show. For shopping, I would recommend Barrio Gotico. It’s kind of sketchy looking alleyways, but it’s really beautiful and full of life- plus some great boutiques! Traveserra de Gracia near Hospital de San Pau and La Sagrada Familia (both worth a visit!) also has fun boutiques. Razmataz was my favorite club when I was there, but I can’t remember what neighborhood it was in. One thing to be careful of in Barcelona is the language Catalan; if you’re there to learn Spanish, it can get a little confusing, so make sure to clarify that with your teachers.

Enjoy your time in whatever city you’re in! It will be so much fun. If you have any questions, feel free to message me as well :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION