SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BeccaGaines
Style_council
BeccaGaines

So this summer my aunt and I are planning on taking trip to Spain! I’m extremely excited, and I can’t wait to go. Does anyone know of some great places I need to visit when we go? Also, what should I bring to wear???

posted almost 3 years ago
AmandaPhenomenon
Style_council
AmandaPhenom...

Barcelona and Madrid of course! Spain will be very warm in the summer so plan for heat.

BeccaGaines
Style_council
BeccaGaines

I’ll mark that down, thanks!! :)

lola5
Style_council
lola5

I have just came back from barcelona! It was amazing… visit my blog to see the photos if you like, I will post some more soon, xx http://lolassecretwardrobe.blogspot.com

BeccaGaines
Style_council
BeccaGaines

love the pictures!!!! thanks for the help!!!!! :)

deflorenflor
Style_council
deflorenflor

Spain in summer is REALLY warm, of course, the noth is not usually so warm and it might rain (depends on the year).
My family is from Pamplona, so you should totally go there; also go to Roncesvalles and Puente la Reina, both are near Pamplona and you can visit them the same day, San Sebastian (best food, about an hour drive from Pamplona), Segovia (that is near Madrid and it is very famous for its roman aqueduct), Sevilla, Santiago de Compostela, Marbella, and of course, Madrid and Barcelona. I absolutely recommend the Museo del Prado and Parque del Retiro in Madrid and the Cathedral in Pamplona. If you want to know the city, I wouldn’t go to Pamplona during San Fermín (6-14 july) because it gets very dirty and full of people, but it is the place to go if you don’t care about that and want to have a good time, get drunk, and get to know traditions.
Also, I love the food there, so make sure to eat tapas or pintxos, try the prosciutto, the cheese, and when you go to Pamplona, eat chorizo.

BeccaGaines
Style_council
BeccaGaines

thank you so much for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stylatouille
New_user Stylatouille is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Stylatouille reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Stylatouille

I’ve been to Barcelona a few times, but I liked Madrid waaaaaaaaaaay better. Obviously, it depends on what you like and a little bit on your budget.

To me, Barcelona was really ‘see and be seen’. Everybody is checking out your outfits etc. If you have enough money, there are many great clubs & restaurants and you will have a good time. However, for lower budgets, the food is way overpriced in most places.

Madrid however is great when you have a small budget. You can eat the best tapas ever and for 15 euro’s you’re completely satisfied, foodwise, including a big bowl of sangria. There are also many nice, inexpensive shops en great bars with good wines and beers. Buy some food and wine, bring a blanket and magazines and spend at least one afternoon in the shadow of a tree in the Retiro Park to enjoy the people, the entertainers, the sun and everything else.

Are you gonna drive around by car? Be prepared, Madrid is quite isolated from the rest of the country if you have to travel by car…

REPLY TO DISCUSSION