SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Travel

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

Help I am doing the education stewardess! (I want to become a GROUNDStewardess). But in study year 2 we are going to Rome with the airplane and I have airplane fear…!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO I am going crazy!

posted over 1 year ago
sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

Help

posted over 1 year ago

jeremyuk77
Style_council
jeremyuk77

Hey! I don’t think you should really worry. I love airplanes and I am quite a nerd of this. I find a good distraction is take a small map and watch the ground below and find places you fly over. Like cities, admire the scenery. If you at the front of the plane, take interest in the sounds of the engines and the mechanics.

Another small thing. Break the journey into small stages. It takes about 2 and half hours yes to and from Rome. You’ll spend half hour twice adjusting the to pain of the air pressure (gulp hard and suck mints to sooth the discomforts). 1 hour above the world and admire the beautiful views and clouds and mountains!

Planes are very safe – more safer than a car.

Just enjoy the fun! It’s normal to be a little tense but pilots are very good these days! They do hours of training!

You will be fine!

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

You might ask your doctor for one or two tabs of xanax. I have a horrible fear of needles and other medical procedures and I find this stuff really helps without incapacitating me the way vicodin does. Even just half a tab can help, and sometimes, just knowing you have them can act like a placebo effect and calm you down :)

posted over 1 year ago

rosdiana
Style_council
rosdiana

airplane fear usually arises because the imagination that results from the brain works. Therefore, try to focus separately working on a thing that will make you forget the flight being missed. check tips to reduce fear when flying

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION