Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
StrutWorthy
Style_council
StrutWorthy

We’ve all heard of people’s phone getting hacked into, but usually by a skilled, tech-savvy computer freak. Recently, I’ve been reading articles about how every phone is tracked in real time. And if this information isn’t alarming enough, peep this, your phone is available to anyone, anytime, anywhere. What make this so disturbing is that not only is your privacy/ life vulnerable to an entity w/ power like the government but perhaps your deranged ex-boyfriend or jealous co-worker. In the article, “Every Phone is Tracked Real Time,” it states, " If your phone is connected to a cellular or wireless network not only can the phone company locate you real-time… they can use the microphone to listen to you, the camera to watch you, read all of your text messages, emails and phone contents… it is proven that there is no need for a cellular or formal wireless network to access your phone, all that is needed is a laptop and an antenna." To avoid this, turning off your cell phone isn’t enough, you will literally have to take your phone apart (take the battery out). Although I emphasized on smartphones, this can happen to any phone no matter how smart or dumb it is.

Now I’m not sure how everyone feels about this, but this is not cool with me. It’s not like I have any thing to hide but geeze I value my privacy. This is not only dangerous but a violation of our rights. I firmly believe if nothing is soon done about this problem we will be in for rude awakening. I know this post it pretty long and I would love to go on but I don’t want rant like I always do lol. I’m curious to hear what my fellow chictopians have to say. What are your thoughts on this topic? Does this even bother you or do you think this is just the price we have to pay with technology?

sources

thecaseforprivacy.com

posted over 2 years ago
Mr_August
Style_council
Mr_August

Indeed so! Ever wonder how Google is so good at guessing what you like? How online adverts always know what you like? Google can listen in through your Google app on your phone, or the mic on your PC. Gone are the days of privacy.

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Google tracks what you type into the search bar and will base your adverts on that, not your microphone. I want legitimate, good sourced proof that that is truly going on. Because I have never, ever said out loud that I like JC Litas, I’ve only typed it. Yet, I get Nordstrom and UO adverts on the side of Lookbook and Chictopia for Litas.

posted over 2 years ago

Mr_August
Style_council
Mr_August

Here’s what I read sometime ago. It’s dated September of 2006. I have to assume they’ve either finished it or abandoned it. I do know that Google apps ask to use location data which is used to determine relevant adverts for your Google account.

posted over 2 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

yes indeed!

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lol we don’t live in some dystopian society where the government takes an active interest in your life—you as an individual are unimportant; information is collected merely for census data and relevant advertising. what about your privacy is so incredibly important that the government would possibly want to waste time, data, and resources to watch/listen/track where you eat your breakfast?

I’m more worried about apps accessing my fb than the government secretly tracking me through GPS location lol. you really can’t expect to have the luxury of connection without the ability to have your data tracked. if you’re too paranoid to live your life comfortably, I would recommend tossing out your phone.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION