Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

I’m getting my Master’s in Retail and Fashion Merchandising and I’m writing my thesis on mobile commerce- specifically on mobile commerce for fashion products. Mobile commerce is just buying products and services through any mobile device that has the internet. So buying tickets or music through your iPhone or tablet is mobile commerce. I chose to focus my research on using that technology to buy fashion producst- clothing, shoes, and accessories.

Using m-commerce to purchase fashion products is supposed to be the next big thing in the retail and fashion industry but a lot of people are uneasy about using it and it hasn’t caught on in the US yet. So my question is- would you use it? Would you purchase clothing through your cell phone or jewelry while using your iPad? Why or why not? What would stop or influence you to use it?

posted over 2 years ago
julieangel122
Style_council
julieangel122

For me, if I were home lounging and wanted to buy something online, I’d prefer my laptop to my mobile device or tablet. I feel more comfortable on my laptop and it feels more secure than my phone/tablet. The only situation that I’d actually use my phone to purchase something would be if it’s a flash sale or deal online, and my laptop wasn’t nearby at the time. Then I’d totally use my tablet or cell phone to purchase what I wanted. Hope that helps!

posted over 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I tried buying one of the Erdem for Topshop t shirts in bed last week. I had just woken up and was idly browsing the site when I realised they had just been released. I was so afraid that they’d sell out instantly that I did it there and then.

Then, when I went to pay, I was met with just a white screen so I went downstairs and used my laptop anyway.

So yes, I would, but only if the site would actually work.

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I have an iPhone, and though it’s internet accessible of course, shopping on it is hell. I’ve tried and it’s hard to actually press the right buttons, even with tiny fingers like mine. So, I just use my laptop to shop online.

However, if I have an iPad, I think shopping on it would be easier than on an iPhone.

posted over 2 years ago

FefedaChicChick
Style_council
FefedaChicChick

Thanks for responding ladies! This really helps me out :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION