Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
not_nearly
Style_council
not_nearly

I really want to start a blog, and I even have the whole blog layout made, but I just need a way of taking pictures. My camera in not vary nice (just a little samsung), and I don’t really have a good editor. Does anybody have any goods tips or ideas on how to take quality photos of my whole outfit?

posted almost 3 years ago
natalia_
Style_council
natalia_

im sure your camera would do. I always hear people say that for good photography you need good lighting.

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I agree! Good lighting is key. If your camera isn’t the best quality then you should do them outside and avoid taking them inside

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

If you have to take pictures in low light, then be sure to use a tripod. You don’t need a big one just get a cheap mini one like this kodak tripod you can set on an elevated surface and use your auto-timer feature. If you’re wearing a colorful outfit, try taking your picture against a neutral background.

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Key things to making a good picture: light, a little knowledge of your camera, and a neutral background.

Light is so important. If it’s too dark, you’r photos will be blurry or grainy and definitely not showcasing your looks. But even though light is good, you need to know your light. Standing in direct sunlight is not favorable. It casts very harsh shadows and can make all your colors very cool and washed out. Try a shaded area while the sun is out. On your camera, you should see a picture of a bright sun (it may be in the menu). Put it on this setting. This helps control the white balance so it will help even out any warm or cool tones.

Play around with the settings on your camera. Try setting it to the cloud to see how the photos come out. Too warm? Then try the portrait setting. Sometimes you just have to play around to see what works.

And you can never go wrong with a neutral background. Something not too dark or light and is free of obstruction. Just standing against a pretty tree or even a fence can make your photos look a little more professional.

Hope that helps!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION