Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  fair tradecashmereetsyetsy vintagehandmadeheadbandsnepalionline shoppingscarvessustainable fashionvintagevintage clothingvintage shoppingwomens vintage
dnase
Style_council
dnase

Hi, does anybody know a good place to buy inexpensive scarves that aren’t too scratchy? My budget is from $5 to $15, but most of the places I’ve looked at range from more like $30 too $60. I mean, scarves are just pretty pieces of fabric, right? Why are they so expensive?!

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I recommend Forever 21 too. I also recommend touristy areas in big cities. Annoying if you’re not near one, but when I travel I feel like I always run into a gazillion stalls with racks upon racks of scarves. The quality is sometimes hit-and-miss and occasionally you get stalls that overcharge, but I think I’ve acquired most of my scarves in this way lol.

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

Girl where are you going that the scarves are 30-60??? I guess I’m just a cheap-o! But i bought a few from wal mart, the Miley Cirus brand, and they were $5! They were on sale, so I stocked up!! But I think they’re usually lk $10-15! You can also try those stores at the mall where they sell clothes…IDK what you would call those stores, but lk here in Houston, we have lk 5-7-9, dots, melrose….I guess lk a forever but not as big!!

posted over 4 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

Forever 21 and wet seal

posted over 4 years ago

Pardeese
Style_council
Pardeese

Thrift stores are perfect for scarves. I found a gorgeous vintage YSL scarf for $4, I had to have it dry-cleaned for a few dollars, but the quality is amazing.

Hello Ehya

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Forever 21 is very good. I bought a grey scarf from there and I LOVE it! Plus it was only $5! I would buy more of them. But…I got a couple scarves as x-mas gifts so I don’t need them right now.

Probably the cheapest way to get a scarf you love is to make it yourself! You can choose to Crochet or knit w/ yarn, or you can get yourself a (tiny/inexpensive) sewing machine and sew 2 pieces of your favorite fabric together. It’s very easy; I made little scarves for dogs and even one for my guy’s kitty for x-mas. If you’re only gonna make a few of each material & color, the cheapest fabric is usually from the scrap bin. Just make sure you have enough material for the scarf w/ the scrap.

posted over 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

if you have a marshalls they usually have lots of cute scarves for dirt cheap

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

forever 21, walmart(yes, admit it, this place is awesome), wet seal, and if your thinking of silk scarves, go vintage! Every vintage and thrift store in my area sells silk scarves for $.25 to $5. They’re amazing.

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

H&M! They had a ton of $7 scarves the last time I went… I bought one and I’m actually wearing it now.

posted over 4 years ago

lostfeathervintage
Shop_seller_2 lostfeathervintage is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
lostfeatherv...

I agree with some of the others. Thrift stores are the perfect source for unique and cheap scarves. I have found differents sizes and even designer ones if you are willing to dig a little bit.

posted over 4 years ago

booboo21
Style_council
booboo21

Really cute cheap ones at forever 21 :)

posted over 4 years ago

marisa03
Style_council
marisa03

Ardene’s is really great for cheap accessories. Alot of things are 3 for $10!

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

Gap has some cool ones from time to time

posted over 4 years ago

xvavavava
Style_council
xvavavava

i get most of my scarves from salvation army or goodwill—i like finding the perfect ones that no one else will have. plus they’re all usually around $3!

posted over 4 years ago

strawberymary
Style_council
strawberymary

i have so many mock pashminas from target actually! they have such gorgeous & saturated colors too! my favorites are emerald green and a cobalt blue. they are only $12!!! so they don’t break the bank. i can totally sympathize :) i also have great scarves from H&M. which are always cute and always reasonably priced. most of them i spent about $8-$14 on :)

posted over 4 years ago

SheaE
New_user SheaE is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When SheaE reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
SheaE

I get most of my scarves off Amazon. Seems things are always a little less expensive there… No over head I guess lol.

Bought a couple checkered ones for my sister’s Bday last week from "here"http://www.amazon.com/BDP-Arab-Shemagh-Scarf-Black/dp/B009ZYVMYA/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1352327662&sr=1-1

Only took a couple days to get here and they were pretty nice.

posted almost 2 years ago

JuliaHenderson
New_user JuliaHenderson is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When JuliaHenderson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
JuliaHenderson

Has anyone bought scarf from www.skinnyrhino.co.uk? They look preety nice

posted 11 months ago

Carlamast
New_user Carlamast is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Carlamast reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Carlamast

I agree with some of the others. Thrift stores are the perfect source for unique and cheap scarves. I have found differents sizes and even designer ones if you are willing to dig a little bit.

Motocross Pants[/URL]
posted 11 months ago

UnicornCupcake
Style_council
UnicornCupcake

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FolkloreFibres?page=1

posted 11 months ago

charlesjakinson
New_user charlesjakinson is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When charlesjakinson reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
charlesjakinson

Scarves are one of the trendy collection of every woman. These are also available in different color combination with pretty designs at affordable prices. If had a time in my weekends, I mostly prefer online shopping for scarves. Mainly, It seems better on plain color outfits.

[Statement jewellery UK]

posted 10 months ago

lovexxsayuri
New_user lovexxsayuri is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When lovexxsayuri reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lovexxsayuri

If you are looking for a scarf that isn’t made in a sweatshop in China. Check out a fair trade scarf company at www.nepaliscarves.com. All the scarves are handmade in Nepal by a team of women weavers who are supported with above market compensation, education, and healthcare. One of my friends found the cutest cashmere headband from Nepali by TDM and I just found out that they are having deal for 50% off using the code HB50.

I’m definitely going to get one. They are so cute: http://www.tdmdesigninc.com/collections/fall-winter-scarves/products/bambi-solid-rectangle

posted 10 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I would try Target, TJMaxx and Marshalls.

posted 10 months ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I don’t like buying scarves online cause you never know the texture. My scarves from H&M are really soft and last me a long time. Zara has pretty decent scarves too! Just wait til their semi annual sale so you can get a good deal.

posted 10 months ago

JulieNavaz
New_user JulieNavaz is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When JulieNavaz reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
JulieNavaz

www.skinnyrhino.co.uk is actually cheaper than ebay :) thou they dont sell mens scarves

posted 10 months ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

forever 21

hm

charlotte russe

posted 10 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION