SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

i’m currently losing weight so i don’t want to spend more than like 25 dollars on a pair of jeans….i’m like a size 12/14 and i want to go down to a six (which is when i’ll start buying sevens and levis)

i always have a problem finding them because i’m 5’11 so they need to be long.

what store carries these sizes for cheap?

posted about 4 years ago
tygerlileeful
Style_council
tygerlileeful

Although it requires more work on your part, most of my jeans I buy at thrift stores or Goodwill and then sew myself to “skinnify” so to speak. They usually end up quite stylish and are 100% unique, too! (:

Get a cheap pair of pants in your size and turn the jeans inside out and put them on. Pull the fabric slightly and mark with a sharpie how far in the inseam you’re going to need to sew. I would highly suggest using dental floss instead of regular thread because the thread holds much better, meaning you will have to make touch-ups a lot less often. Some people like to use sewing machines but for sewing jeans I find just a plain old needle and (dental) thread to work best because you’re more involved with the fabric. Sew a pant leg along the line you made earlier, then turn them right side out and try em on. Adjust as needed and repeat those steps to finish the other pant leg. When You’re done and they fit really well, cut the extra fabric and enjoy your new jeans!

Because you’re losing weight, you can resew the pant leg to make it smaller anytime you need to. Hope this was helpful! (:

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Forever 21? Pacsun? etc.

posted about 4 years ago

talkanatalka
Style_council
talkanatalka

target! i was just there today jeans shopping actually, i’m in a similar situation and need jeans that won’t be too costly to replace soon :)

posted about 4 years ago

Lindseytweeters
Style_council
Lindseytweeters

Go to Goodwill and their jeans are usually $7 and sometimes even cheaper!!!

posted about 4 years ago

frances82
Style_council
frances82

Do you live in San Diego? If so, you should check out GTM. I remember I got some paper denim jeans there for $30 when they retailed for $175.

posted about 4 years ago

LowerEast
Style_council
LowerEast

The American Rag brand from Macys comes in long lengths sometimes and since its a department store they’re always on sale…

posted about 4 years ago

angienatalie
Style_council
angienatalie

I usually get my cheaper ones at Forever 21 or Wet Seal. Also you can try PacSun.

posted about 4 years ago

Lovely726
Style_council
Lovely726

Definitely FOREVER21. their jeans are usually around $24 which is pretty cheap and when on sale they’re around $14 ! cant beat those prices for pretty good jeans. :)

posted about 4 years ago

KittyCotten
Style_council
KittyCotten

You can find some really great finds/deals at www.gojane.com (http://www.gojane.com/shop-by-category-denim.html)

Oh, and while you’re there check out their shoes!!! Amazing & cheap…what could be better.

posted about 4 years ago

Isabellasfashion
Style_council
Isabellasfas...

I say definately try Target and Goodwill!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION