dciree
Style_council
dciree

:)

posted about 2 years ago
TheresaPaquette
Style_council
TheresaPaquette

A Sonia Rykiel top for 113 Euros (140 USD) and a pair of vegan Docs for the same. I love them both so much. And the top was on sale, 30% off! I don’t feel bad about the price because I know that I usually buy really cheap, I got good deals, and both pieces will last me a long time and make me look and feel great.

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

When I got my first wages, I spent £250 on a Marc by Marc Jacobs skirt. I love it!

posted about 2 years ago

kimicub21
Style_council
kimicub21

A Tiffany’s charm bracelet and matching necklace. I got it as a birthday gift after seeing Legally Blonde when I was 10. I still wear it a lot, especially since the style of charm I have has been discontinued. However, my mom and uncle will never look at $500 the same way again after that xD

posted about 2 years ago

jessicaluxe
Style_council
jessicaluxe

Black Milk swims and leggings, yes, every time.

posted about 2 years ago

EricaFox
Style_council
EricaFox

Either a pair of brushed gold Stella McCartney shoes I got at a sample sale reduced from $1000 to $250 (one of the great loves of my life) or a vintage 1945 hand beaded, full skirt dress for around the same price (another great love).

posted about 2 years ago

hannahbird
Style_council
hannahbird

A Betsey Johnson swimsuit. I think I paid around $200 for it (the most I’ve paid so far for one item). It’s beautiful, and I love it to pieces, but I am sometimes too shy to wear it out :(

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I don’t spend very much money on clothes….I think the priciest thing I bought this summer was two pairs of ralph lauren undies for my boyfriend’s birthday. Definitely worth it :)
beyond that, I thrifted some dresses at a sidewalk sale for around $50 total dollars that are LOVELY

posted about 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

I don’t spend very much money on clothes….I think the priciest thing I bought this summer was two pairs of ralph lauren undies for my boyfriend’s birthday. Definitely worth it :)
beyond that, I thrifted some dresses at a sidewalk sale for around $50 total dollars that are LOVELY

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

My biggest splurge was a Marc Jacobs purse I found at a recycled clothing shop. I brought in my clothes and used my store credit to buy it. I love that purse, so yes I am very happy! :)

posted about 2 years ago

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

Biggest splurge on clothes so far… I just bought a pair of pants from Topshop worth almost $70, and that’s just one pair. I know I could have bought a ton of clothes from a cheaper store, but it’s the first time I bought something from Topshop and I really liked it a lot. :)

posted about 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

My biggest splurge was on a pair of bottega veneta brogues I got for $170 at dsw (which is a steal as they go for up to $500). They are a half a size too big but because it was such a decent price and I really did fall in love with them, I figured half a size is nothing. However, I do feel they make my foot look longer and not appealing so unfortunately they sit in my closet most days out of the year.

posted about 2 years ago

mantra4ia
Style_council
mantra4ia

It’s not a huge splurge, but I spent $50 on a Calvin Klein LBD with gold accents (discounted). I wouldn’t usually pay $50 for a dress because I work part-time, but I fell in love with it. I still love it.

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I pay off my student loans lump sums at a time.
Does that count? Hahaha.

Nah, mine would be my Doc Martens or my camera. Both were around $50. I’m really frugal.

posted about 2 years ago

Flurple
New_user Flurple is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Flurple reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Flurple

I think mine would probably be my Doc Martens that I got with my Christmas money last year. I wanted grey ones, but couldn’t find them in any local stores, and they were £100 online. For a student that feels like a lot of money! Definitely worth it though as I wore them a lot in the autumn/winter last year and will definitely wear them a lot this year too. :)

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

My Chloe flats. They were on sale at Barney’s and I was making way more money at the time, haha. They were $300 and totally worth it.

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

every fall I buy a pair of leather boots and a new coat :). I wear them often, so it’s definitely worth the splurge for me. I could spend like $300 on a beautiful coat, but I don’t think I could justify like a $50 shirt lol

posted almost 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

I really can’t think of anything right now. I mean I have a lot of designer clothes, like Guess, Versace, Marciano jeans, but they all were presents. And some from Trifted shops.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION