SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
yesiwillyes
Style_council
yesiwillyes

My typical day consists of a ridiculous amount of walking. I do not own a car, so i walk on average between 30minutes-2hours a day to get to various desinations for work. I need a chic pair of flats to wear in the summer because my feet get really hot really fast. But, as I am sure a few of you find, walking shoes end up looking so sporty.
All I am looking for is a nice simple pair of leather ballet flats, with a fair amount of arch support (and no visible sole), that dont cost 300 dollars. My flip flips are ruining my feet.
Its ridiculously picky, but if you know of any please help!

posted over 6 years ago
Caeline
Style_council
Caeline

Clarks England and Kenneth Cole/Gentle Souls and Sofft make shoes that don’t look too sporty while being comfortable. I used to wear them all the time when I worked retail and never had problems with them. Clarks is more in the inexpensive range and Sofft is mid-high. I think KC is around the same, but GS might be more expensive than you’re looking for but they are so worth it if you walk that much. Hope you find some shoes!

posted over 6 years ago

MichelleYue
Style_icon
MichelleYue

Try looking for some Tory Burch flats… They are soooo ridiculously comfortable. Well, actually, you have to wear them in first, but after a day or two in walking in them, they become amazing. I have worn mine a LOT for the past 6 months, and they still look amazing b/c the patent leather requires basically no care whatsoever and always looks shiny. _ They are kind of expensive, but you can probably find some on sale or something.

posted over 6 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

n if u want to be classy and you dont have to walk a lot wedges too…and they are so comfy

posted over 2 years ago

newshoesintown
Style_council
newshoesintown

Flip flops would wreck your feet if you do lots of walking in them. Depending on your style/aesthetic, you could go for versatile canvas sneakers? For example, Superga, Chucks (there are even those cute Comme des Garcons ones, Vans or like basic Keds…

If sneakers aren’t your thing perhaps something like ballet flats? Something along the lines of Bloch or Repetto. Personally I haven’t tried those for city walking but I highly recommend Lanvin flats. They may be a bit on the pricey side but you could pick them up during sale season or even eBay.

posted over 2 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Hey everyone! This original post is over 3 years old. Please refrain from bumping old posts. We want to try to keep the Chictopia forums as current as possible. Thanks!

posted over 2 years ago

MeganYee
Style_council
MeganYee

I think sneakers are the best way to go

posted over 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

I haven’t tried them on but Toms sound ideal.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION