Style_council
kelleyscloset17

I love vintage what about u

posted over 2 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Absolutely love vintage things!
The really only time I go out and buy new is when it’s undergarmets, plain tees, leggings, tights, shoes, or if I really like the item. Other than that, it’s all vintage for me :)

posted over 2 years ago

kissingtinyflowers
New_user kissingtinyflowers is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kissingtinyflowers reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kissingtinyf...

I’ve always loved vintage, (20s, 60s, 70s more specifically) even before it became more in style.

I think a lot of people can get it wrong though and confuse it for more of an ‘indie’ style. (Not saying that anybody on here is getting it wrong!) But I think it’s something you got to do a lot of research on and everything. :)

posted over 2 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

vintage over anything!! im with kissingtinyf…..love the 20s, 60s, and 70s. Most of my wardrobe is thrifted vintage [everything thats thrifted isnt vintage]. I rarely buy brand new things [except for shoes]. but i own some vintage shoes as well.

posted over 2 years ago

Moomem
New_user Moomem is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Moomem reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Moomem

I love vintage, going into chgarity shops or vintage shops is fun, but sometimes I like to mix it up a little and mix some vintage and new together.

posted over 2 years ago

PrettycatTigerpants
New_user PrettycatTigerpants is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When PrettycatTigerpants reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
PrettycatTig...

Completely agree with the first poster. Only thing I buy new these days are underwear, sock..some shoes. Most of what i have is vintage, and that’s due in large part to the fact that I am a vintager! lol. Was a hobby that turned into a living and I can’t imagine stepping foot into a mall anymore. Blech.

Not sure what the posting rules are on this, but here’s my page if you ladies are on fb: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pretty-Cat-Vintage/146257282123786?sk=photos

or etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettycatvintage

posted over 2 years ago

S_agapoxxx
Style_council
S_agapoxxx

Thinking about it – it’s nice to have a mixture of both…that’s what I do. I think it’s the best thing to mix and match items…

posted over 2 years ago

willowmillie
Style_council
willowmillie

vintage all the way. it give your outfits a sense of history yet in modern time (depends on how you style it)

posted over 2 years ago

Mitzeee
Style_council
Mitzeee

definatly vintage love charity shops they are the best i do the proper vintage most of the time with dresses from the 40s and 50s that are mid calf length and i love them i feel more unique and elegent than something mass produced and new that everyone has xx

posted over 2 years ago

ibroadway42
Style_council
ibroadway42

I love vintage so much; I’m really into 50s style. (I’m also a sucker for anything from the 1800s, but there is no place to wear those styles….except in musicals) I like seeing what currently in style but then I kind of just go and do my own thing anyways. I don’t like looking like everyone else and vintage is so fun and really lets me do that.

posted over 2 years ago

GrazingFashion
Style_council
GrazingFashion

I think having vintage and modern pieces in your closet is having the best of both worlds. On one hand, vintage is always that classic and timeless pieces that will never go out of style while modern pieces will always put you right at the top of trends and something new. Having both vintage and modern pieces together definitely makes up an amazing wardrobe.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love having a mix of new and vintage items, and I’m working on growing my vintage collection right now. Matching a vintage piece with something new gives your look a modern-with-a-twist edge, I think.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION