SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
touko
Style_council
touko

does anyone know any good places to thrift in boston? or any nice but fairly unknown boutiques in general

posted almost 6 years ago
parapluie
Style_council
parapluie

i’m not sure about boston, but right across the way in cambridge there’s this AWESOME place called “the garment district,” which is gigantic and fabulous and they often have bins and tables of stuff for $1.

the garment district website

The Garment District Inc.
200 Broadway
Cambridge, MA, 02139

stephanista
Style_council
stephanista

I like any goodwill or salvation army that isn’t right on a college campus ( I go to Goodwill in Roxbury) and also Urban Renewals in Allston is my favorite thrift store ever pretty much

bettersaturday
Style_council
bettersaturday

the garment district is pretty expensive, unless you root around in the pile downstairs.
and i second urban renewals. packard’s corner stop on the B line. if you’re looking for nicer finds, try the second time around on newbury. you can find gucci & prada there for cheap enough.

stephanista
Style_council
stephanista

I agree, today I went to the garment district and a sweater was $150! wtf? but the bagain stuff is cheap downstairs if you aren’t scared of those giant laundry piles like I am. Does anyone else find the tv commercials annoying though?

REPLY TO DISCUSSION