SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
theory007
Style_council
theory007

we all know how this works, sleeves are too short, legs are never long enough, that print is a little too bold in its 6’4 manifestation. where do you shop? where do you buy clothes that fit your higher than most frame? what brands are the best tall friendly? dyuo give in to tailoring and call it a day?

my name’s nadia and i’m 6’0 without shoes on :) anyone, any height, any gender, welcome to comment!

posted about 3 years ago
samanthajayde
Style_council
samanthajayde

well im about 5’10 give or take a few cm.. i have the same problem so im always making sure to try everything on… i find sportsgirl (www.sportgirl.com.au….ships world wide) pretty good for length in the jean and pant department.. they aways seem just a bit long which is great:).. and their sleve sizes are pretty generous too… i also find cotton on (www.cottonon.com/ ) isnt to bad either in the lenght department either

posted about 3 years ago

Kate_Robin
Style_council
Kate_Robin

I’m 5’11’’.. I buy jeans from American Eagle in the long length and they fit perfectly, Delia’s has pants that you can customize the inseam of which is also great. Have you tried either of those? I hate that I can’t buy jeans at like Forever 21, but oh well. I’ve never actually had anything tailored, it’s easier to just spend extra time trying stuff on to make sure it fits. I also don’t really have problems with sleeves, if it’s something I really like and they’re too short I just push them up. And I think bold prints are totally fine when you’re tall!

posted about 3 years ago

theory007
Style_council
theory007

thanks guys! i hate that i cant buy jeans from f21. but ill admit i love being tall. bahaha :)
i find that most sportswear fits better but obviously when i hit regular stores the pickings get a bit more slim.

hopefully i can start here! :)

posted about 3 years ago

jheri
New_user jheri is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jheri reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jheri

I am new here, but I am 6’3 and have problems finding things that fit. A great trick is to find a really good tailor and learn what can and can’t be modified. For jeans I used to use Indi, which made custom jeans. I could get a perfect fit, but they are out of business now.

There are speciality shops like Long Tall Sally, but it is mail order in most places and the styles are usually for women who are at least thirty.

posted over 1 year ago

tiffanyannefirmeza
Style_council
tiffanyannef...

I’m just 5’7" and I’m already tall for a Filipino height classification. I usually have difficulty finding shoes with my size which is 10. I do understand tall problems.

By the way, I think if you have that passion for fashion designing like I do, you can have a tailor make the clothes you want. It will cost lesser but it depends on the kind of fabric you’ll choose. Also, it saves your feet from getting tired after trying to find the stuff you want.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Well, I’m 1.77 m and I don’t really have problems in buying clothes. I usually buy them from H&M, New Yorker and others.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION