SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
gosia
Style_council
gosia

Dear Ladies, I’ve recently moved to Hanoi. Any tips and shopping advice? Haven’t seen a single proper shop yet, only little boutiques full of fakes :-( Would appreciate any hints on where to shop. xxx

posted over 3 years ago
gosia
Style_council
gosia

I can see 2 post in the udates but cannot read them?Help!

posted over 3 years ago

souuups
Style_council
souuups

hmmm. i don’t live in hanoi but i travel to vietnam every few years.
And honestly i have never shopped in hanoi but i have in saigon, da nang, ect.
It’s basically a hunt for your style. In the Big market in saigon (or ho chi minh city) there is a lot of street vendors which i assume there is in Hanoi also. Some of these fakes are actually of good quality. You just need to know how to find the good quality items. Don’t be attatched to something unless you HAVE to have it. Chances are there is something like it in another shop but it might be of better quality, and price. If you can bargain it’s great. Always bargain the lowest price imaginable, then go up if you need to. BUT never buy something the first time you see it. UNLESS you love it! And finally the people in the tiny/shabby looking shops may also be the most hardworking. If you want a certain style, you should get it sown for you! Again look around and get recommended to a place. Some of the people should be designers, seriously. I got a dao ai made and it took 1 day for them to sew it, even though they had like 100+ customers. And if they are speedy most often it doesn’t change the quality. Sometimes if they are slower, I would be suspicious as to if they really know what they are doing.
-anyways, feel free to ask anything else!

posted over 3 years ago

gosia
Style_council
gosia

Thank you so much. I’ve been looking around, found some nice things. The only thing is that i’m 175 cm tall so it’s quite hard to find sth that fits me. I will try tailor-made option for sure. Thanks again

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION