Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

here’s a piece of advice for girls –
i think your shoes should be more expensive or the most expensive than your dress
i mean you could only wear your dress like what once or a couple or even a few times until people will notice that you’re an outfit repeater or whatever haha
its so fancy like where would you be able to wear something like that again?
where as your heels you could wear anytime anywhere for any occasion

i would’ve just bought a simple dress and i’d make it all fancy with accessories from forever 21 or target or h&m; any of these stores along the lines
then invest in some killer heels [ahem designer heels anyone?]

i would have done this if i had known or thought about it this way when i went to prom i would have bought christian louboution shoes!

but yeah thats my opinion =]

posted about 4 years ago
OliviaParker
Style_council
OliviaParker

totally agree. heels are the way to go. you can wear them over an over again. there an investment. a floorlength ballgown? not so much. go for the heels, you will be so happy later when your prancing around in alexander wang heels everyday then when an alexander wang dress is cluttering your closet.

posted about 4 years ago

vintagesweet
Style_council
vintagesweet

Thats a really good idea. Alot of girls at my school get really tacky expensive dresses and wear them once and go cheap on the shoes.
I plan on doing this for my formal. I think the best way to dress is from the shoes up.

posted about 4 years ago

priya2216
Style_council
priya2216

That’s a good idea! And that’s what I was planning to do anyways since it’s only my junior prom. But I’ll definitely keep this in mind when buying my senior prom dress :)

posted about 4 years ago

franchettezapanta
Style_council
franchetteza...

I’ve never thought of that before! Great idea!

posted about 4 years ago

StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

avoid looking like a barbie or a bride’s maid. at my prom I wore a black cocktail dress with great pumps and accessorize. I still wear the dress today. That’s just me tho. but I think proms have turned into disasters – Rhine stone studded lacy sandals, glittery bright multi colored dresses.. images that make me puke in my mouth lol.

posted about 4 years ago

lavenderprincess
Style_council
lavenderprin...

Or you could enter a pageant and have another reason to wear the dress… wink wink
hahahaha
But yeah, that is a neat idea. I just cant imagine buying $350 shoes… woah. lol I’d be scared to wear them!! lol

posted about 4 years ago

New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I wish I had done this! I dislike the shoes I got for prom and now can never wear them. I wish I had took the time to look for really fantastic ones.

posted about 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

But it is awfully hard to dance for 3 hours in heels, no matter how comfy they are. Just a thought. I wore a vintage dress I bought for 10 dollars and a pair of my sister’s shoes.

posted about 4 years ago

imalyssamarie
Style_council
imalyssamarie

^
Vintage?? Woah! That must have been quite a find! xD

And thank you for the tips, Faye. I’m attending prom in May =)

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION