SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

i know that theres some clothes that are oversized and such, but do you get a size up or two? do you also sometimes buy sweaters from the guys section?

i’ve always wondered about this and i want to start wearing just huge sweaters with leggings or tights since fall is upon here. =]

thanks!

posted almost 4 years ago
1 2
blogandthecity
New_user blogandthecity is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When blogandthecity reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
blogandthecity

Yes of course you can!

I like to wear turtlenecks at the moment! http://blogandthecity.net/turtleneck-sweaters/

posted 8 months ago

Chessy
Style_council
Chessy

I absolutely do not wear men's clothes. I did recently buy a sweater that could pass as a dress because it's very large. Usually I prefer fitted clothing but this is 100% wool and it will probably shrink, and it looks damn good as a dress with thick black tights and heels!

posted 8 months ago

resortrocksugar
Style_council
resortrocksugar

Oversized sweaters are a must, sometimes I buy 1 size up, but 2 might make you look bulkier. Hope this helps :)

posted 8 months ago

Fashionbab
New_user Fashionbab is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Fashionbab reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Fashionbab

I am not a big fan of oversized sweaters. But i feel relaxed with them. You should try out.  

posted 8 months ago

amieT
Style_council
amieT

you can get stuff thats deisned to look oversized but i generally just buy things in L or xl and mens rather than womens because womens clothEs tend to be fitted and just look odd if they dont fit right

posted 8 months ago

pupuren
Style_council
pupuren

I love oversized sweaters! Recently came across a few at H&M while shopping at the men's floor and I had to pry myself away from the overly-long-sleeves-of-bliss. If you find the right cut, guy's sweaters are able to fit to form while overflowing length-wise.

posted 8 months ago

baconsquared
New_user baconsquared is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When baconsquared reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
baconsquared

I 100% like to snoop around in the mens section to pick out a few gems. I do like to try everything on, and the best thing about oversized sweaters is that you don't have to go into a fitting room to throw them over all your clothes. It's the best!

posted 8 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I personally love shopping in the guys section! I've found some great sweaters and flannels at thrift stores and sale sections at UO and H&M. In terms of sizing, I would say go for a length that hits right below your butt if you're going to be wearing the sweater with leggings. You definitely want to make sure the sleeves aren't too long either because sometimes it can look like you're drowning in too much fabric. Keep in mind that some materials (like wool) will shrink a bit too, so that helps sometimes! :)

posted 7 months ago

empyrean
New_user empyrean is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When empyrean reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
empyrean

I borrow some really old vintage sweaters from my dad, and I don't see why you "can't" wear/buy guy sweaters. Girls wear their boyfriends hoodies alllll the time, and they look adorable. The same can be applied to sweaters. It's not like its embarrassing--no one really cares as long as it looks good :))) I thought about buying this sweater at 21MEN, but decided against it.

posted 7 months ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

There are oversized sweaters that come in your size since oversized things are a style. Like I'm a size small, and some stores carry overswized sweaters for sized small. However, sometimes I do go up only one size or else the shoulder and the arm area would seem to baggy and unappealing. 

posted 7 months ago

EstrellaEmery
New_user EstrellaEmery is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When EstrellaEmery reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EstrellaEmery

Oh, I LOVE oversized sweaters!! Sometimes they already come in my size since they're designed to be oversized but when I really like a sweater I make sure to get two sizes up. It's cozy and I like to wear a loong sleeved shirt with a collar underneath it. I also wear them when I'm spending a day at home, with just a pair of kneehigh socks.  And yes, I do buy sweaters from the guys section, I buy a lot of things from the guys section actually, like jackets and shoes. I also wear my boyfriend's clothes a lot.

posted 7 months ago

corinney
Style_council
corinney

I've been big on oversized sweaters lately.  I usually stay the same size, but alot of relailers just do a "onesize" for these.  

posted 7 months ago

lil_sil
Style_council
lil_sil

in my case normally I buy 1 size more and most of the times are from the guys section :)

posted 7 months ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION