SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
miss_scientist
Style_council
miss_scientist

I rarely ever impulse shop anymore, but the other day I was at the American Apparel factory store, where everything is cheaper, and the registers were closing so I just grabbed a random dress! At first I regretted buying an unreturnable, unexchangeable dress, but I tried it on and luckily, it looks good. Do y’all ever impulse shop? Good or bad experiences?

posted about 4 years ago
jerricajaneen
Style_council
jerricajaneen

im a bad impulse buyer :( sometimes it ends up being good (the clothes fit, it gives me that succesful-shopper feeling and it gets worn…) but other times its for the worst: doesn’t even fit right, gets put in the back of the closet to wait until I find a use for it.

I must say ive gotten better with not impulse-buying so much ever since i quit my two clothing-retail jobs and got a full-time secretary job, but sometimes those weekends at the malls sneak up on me!

Best impulse buys:
-multi-color Floral and black lace mini dress from Weat Seal $29
-Patrcia Wexler Glycolic Peel $60

Worst impulse buys:
-Yellow/baby blue eyelet City Triangles dress with baby-blue skirt bows (not good, trust me.)
-chopping off all my long hair because I felt “a change needed” one day (ouch, this one will take a while to gain back. I cut off 16 inches.)

ohh but how i hate that feeling as soon as you get home…“i should’ve bought….”
-

I try to set weekly budgets now :)

posted about 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’m the worst impulse buyer ever. I’m always buying everything that I see and like, regardless of whether I have anything to wear with it or not, which then results in me buying something else to go with it.
Luckily I’m quick at deciding on whether something will get much use and last for a long time though so I often get refunds on bad impulse purchases.

posted about 4 years ago

salutsophie
Style_council
salutsophie

I’m so bad for impulse shopping! I’m a student so I’m definitely on a tight budget and I have so many clothes already that I don’t even wear any more. But I’ll see a dress or a vintage sweater and buy it because it’s not expensive and cute, but unfortunately it all adds up to me waving hello to debt!

Sale time is the worst for me; I end up coming home with things that I don’t even like but I’d bought them because they were on sale for next to nothing. I definitely need to follow jerricajaneen’s advice and set a weekly budget!

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I do, but I wear literally everything I own.

posted about 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Ooh that’s you were lucky miss_scientist.
I barely impulse buy. The last time I did was at a Lululemon warehouse sale and I have never worn what I bought. I’ve learned my lesson.

posted about 4 years ago

lovelyyx
Style_council
lovelyyx

impulse shopping WILL be the death of me! i usually manage to work all pieces into some sort of outfit…

i’ve recently had an experience that shows how anal i am. i saw a really cheap librarian looking sweater but decided not to get it….ended up going back to the store after a mind boggling day where all i could think of was how cute it would look…

posted about 4 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

Unfortunately yes! I do believe I’m quite the impulsive buyer— I find something that looks cool maybe wear it once and then never again!

posted about 4 years ago

ThePageStaysBlank
Style_council
ThePageStays...

I have a love of impulse buying. I’m usually someone who way over-thinks things however I think some of my best pieces have come from impulse buying.

Maybe this defeats the impulse part but I’ve started keeping a small fund for my impulse buys. It’s money I know I can part with if the buy doesn’t turn out and it keeps me from risking too much money on these kind of buys.

posted about 4 years ago

orangekiwi
Style_council
orangekiwi

I don’t have the chance to impulse shop anymore for one reason, mt fiance put me on an allowance. Haha, he did it to keep me from getting into trouble with credit cards and being broke and such. Which is probably a good idea since we are stable in money and have no debt, except for necessities and my car. But how I wish I could just on a whim go shopping and come home with a carload of clothes!

posted about 4 years ago

Champagne
Style_council
Champagne

I use to be that way when I was younger. I would get things that really wouldn’t work together in a whole outfit. Now I try to look for things that I can pair together. Sometimes it just to damn hard not to give into impulses shopping.

posted about 4 years ago

Anne_Sophie
Style_council
Anne_Sophie

When I impulse shop, I usually realize it within half an hour and go back to the shop for a refund, so I won’t feel guilty about it.

posted about 4 years ago

danoh131
Style_council
danoh131

I find that I rarely impulse buy, but when I do, funnily enough I don’t regret it. The only thing I will regret about my impulse buys is not leaving myself enough money to last through the fortnight haha

posted about 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I’ve been getting into the habot of doing that!! LK now I can’t go to the store without buying something, but Im a cheap-o! So i go to cheap stores, so it’s not too bad!! I can get away with just buying lk a shirt, and feel a lil better!!! It’s lk a drug, and once you buy something, you get your lil high!! Ha!

posted about 4 years ago

littlerain
Style_council
littlerain

i used to be a terrible impulse shopper. esp in college i’d just go shopping all the time if i was bored/tired/ stressed. lol. I got better in the summer when i had no money/income, and even for a month or two in the fall, i was really good about not shopping at all. but thats gone now (see my other post about recent purchases haha)

I tend not to be too impulsive about clothing in general, but i have a really tough time with beauty products… esp at Sephora. but they have a good return policy, so you can at least always get a refund or store credit

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION