SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
woocie
Style_council
woocie

my main criteria is price. i’d like to use the excuse that i’m a college student, but really, i’m just a thrifter. and i don’t mind being cheap! i still think i can find decent items :D

my next criteria is “can i wear this at least 5 different ways?”

if it’s comfortable is also a big plus. i will not wear itchy items or high heels that are painful. i only own about 5 pairs of high heels because i can’t stand the really high ones!

and my last question i ask myself is, “when this goes out of style in a year, will i still be able to pull it off?”

how about you?! :)

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
quarantinethepast
Style_council
quarantineth...

Haha it has to be relatively cheap. Maybe when I get a job I’ll be willing to spend more money…but probably not. :P
It has to look good and not fit weird, and the fabric has to be comfortable.
If I would actually wear it regularly.
Also, I try to make a list of things I want/need beforehand so I don’t get sidetracked and buy something I already have a million of.

posted about 4 years ago

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

i don’t want to spend money unnecessarily so i think about what i could wear with the item and if i would actually wear it. also, how i would feel leaving the store without said item…price is important to consider too. as in, is it worth it?

posted about 4 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

1. what different outfits can i incorporate it into
2. price – i hate paying more than $30 for anything (unless it’s a coat)
3. will i be able to wear it for years? or will it go out of style by the end of the season
4. whether or not i will really wear it/have the occasion to wear it
5. do i already have things that are similar to it in my closet?
6. color – i love neutrals with a pop of color here and there

posted about 4 years ago

missmatchgirrrl
Style_council
missmatchgirrrl

I usually choose things based on whether I can picture them going with other clothes I already have in my closet. It’s sort of like when I see the article of clothing and instantly know what to pair it with. Usually if the piece lacks versatility, I don’t end up buying it :)

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I go for amusement. If I find myself completely distracted by an item, I usually have to get it. I’m all about waiting before I buy something just to see if I really want it… unless I fall in love on the spot, which is rare.

posted about 4 years ago

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

Usually I ask someone if they could see me wearing something like that – That’s why I always bring someone with me when I shop. It helped me a lot.

posted about 4 years ago

anikakhan
Style_council
anikakhan

Process
1. Find something I like on a rack
2. Ask myself…does this look cheap? If answer is no then I continue.
3. Check price
3. Now see if the price is worth it. Take in factors like quality, fitting, how often I will be able to wear it.
4. If I think it’s worth it I buy it

posted about 4 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

Uhh..well usually if it looks good on me and isnt too pricey. I did splurge at two things at free people a few months ago though,,

posted about 4 years ago

laughwithmeleelee
Style_council
laughwithmel...

How much I like it: then, how the price is, and finally if it is too expensive, if I have NEVER seen something similar.

I buy it teehee:)

posted about 4 years ago

jasmin5327
Style_council
jasmin5327

PRICE.

http://unefilleunreve.blogspot.com

posted about 4 years ago

littlefashiondiary
Style_council
littlefashio...

I’m sooo bad. When I’m with friends I just buy it. If I think it’s okay, I buy it.
Impulse shopping D:
It sorta depends on the price.
If I’m alone and online, I definetly look at how much stuff is in my cart -and if it’s worth it. Shopping online really controls how much I spend.
7 items in my cart? 113 dollars? NO WAY.

posted about 4 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

If i like it , first, so then if i try it on ,

But the price affects it , i usually try to wait for some sales if i really like the item ,

Most Shoes /Clothes are made in China /India !!! So are made very cheaply , so i always cannot spend alot usually,

posted about 4 years ago

paola_200494
Style_council
paola_200494

Price is like the first thing then versatility (is that a word?! lol). If its a good price and i like i will buy it but i also think if its gonna be something that i can incorporate with stuff i already own. Cause buying something at a good price and then having to buy more stuff to go with it defeats the purpose of the good price in the first place!!!

=]]]]]

posted about 4 years ago

hippiechic5
Style_council
hippiechic5

price and if i really really need it

posted about 4 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

I’m always looking for that magical item that will complete my wardrobe =D
Something new I don’t have and it fits my state of mind in that moment.

Price is also an important factor.

Wow that sounded like I would do a lot of impulse buys.

Rly trying to curb that though.

posted about 4 years ago

itswendycloset
Style_council
itswendycloset

Would i wear them? occasionally or rarely? is it nice? the price?
i would ask myself these question repeatedly, so i can control myself for buying too much

posted about 4 years ago

afell
Style_council
afell

is this an investment for short term or long term?
if its short term, it’s coming from f21. if it’s long term i don’t mind dropping as much as i’ll spend on something. jackets i consider a long term as well as shoes, some tops and jeans. short term stuff like shirts, basics, underwear i don’t really need to spend more than $10 on.

research the brand. read reviews. i love reviews from websites like urbanoutfitters.com and endless, even solestruck. that way i can weigh the pros and cons from girls like us looking to spend our hard earned cash!

always shop the sales. some of my summer stuff for next summer i’m buying now. bikinis, sandals, sunglasses – you’ll still need it next year! it’s at unbeatable prices now as fall approaches in 19 days! i’ll do the same with winter coats, gloves and scarves at the end of winter season.

a lot of the time in person i buy everything on impulse. when i buy stuff online i look hard and long into the product. i’m pretty good about returning stuff but as of lately i’ve failed and have 1/3 closet filled with tags.

i really could go on. shopping is like a sport for me. hahahaha!!

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION