SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
meredithjane
Style_council
meredithjane

Okay dudes & dudettes, I have a predicament. I’m a petite, but pear-shaped gal. In most jeans I’m a 4/6 or a 27/28. I’ve been dying to find a good pair of high-waisted skinny jeans that will fit girls who have big hips and thighs. I can find high waisted wide legged jeans that do that, but I love cigarette jeans and just can’t find a darn pair that will fit me. Despite having wide hips and big ol’ thighs, I have a really tiny waist, which is why I really want a pair of jeans that will accentuate my waist and curves!

I’m a little bit afraid of trying on Acne and jeans like that just because I think they are for really skinny girls, or at least girls with boyish figures. Whenever I try on jeans like those in my size, I can’t get them up past my thighs and it’s a bummer. Should I just man up a try on a pair a few sizes larger than my regular size, or are brands like Acne and Cheap Monday just meant for boyish figured girls?

Any brands I should check out that are reasonably priced? Any other ladies having the same dilemma?

posted over 5 years ago
New_user 25093 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 25093 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Its just a question of trial and error. Try everywhere that sells jeans and you’ll find something. Everything comes up in different sizes.

posted over 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

To be honest I have a big bum same as you actually. I don’t like really skinny, skinny but so far I got great skinny jeans from Old Navy. The cost was great ($20) and I really like the selection of washes from them. I also got a couple from other stores but none are flattering as those.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 19084 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 19084 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Gonna reccomend Cheap Mondays too!! Some of their denims are SUPER stretchy.
Good luck!! x

posted over 5 years ago

annalee
Style_council
annalee

I have about the same body type as you and I found an amazing high waisted pair at Urban Outfitters from a brand called Insight. The style is called high and mighty.

OH and I have also gotten some great skinny jeans from Old Navy of the Sweetheart style.

posted over 5 years ago

lauralovestoshop
Style_council
lauralovesto...

When I was last shopping on the J brand Denim site I noticed that they had a curvy fitted jean. I think the one that I was looking at was a slim bootcut, but that might be an option. They always have a great skinny jean!

posted over 5 years ago

NothingAboutSam
Style_council
NothingAboutSam

I have also the exact same bodytype. Big hips and a tiny waist. I also had the same problem, but I just tried on a Cheap Monday high waisted skinny in a few larger sizes. Okay, not good for your confidence at the moment, at least not for me, but they fit really good! I say, just try it!

posted over 5 years ago

maria1703
Style_council
maria1703

I have bought Acne jeans, and I AM curvy! I don´t know if they make them in high-waist, though… But you should try, Acne is great!

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

Ugh, I have the same problem. I’ve been looking for around a year now and they closest I’ve come is a pair of purple skinny jeans that are a little too big and sag on the bum. They were only a tenner though so I can’t really complain.

I don’t think they make high-waisted skinnies for us!

posted over 5 years ago

_diana
Style_council
_diana

AGREED! i want high waisted jeans that will actually flatter me instead of just emphasizing my hips. but they’re impossible to find so i basically never wear jeans… le sigh

posted over 5 years ago

Chloeee
Style_council
Chloeee

god do i have the same problem and we don’t even have urban outfitter here.

posted over 5 years ago

mariel
Style_council
mariel

gonna go ahead and recommend look in wet seal!

posted over 5 years ago

nekorine
Style_council
nekorine

Dear lovely members of Chictopia.

YES there are/is a pair of amazing skinny jeans (I bought just a couple of days ago) from Wrangler “Hi Twiggy” which is $169.00 AUD (so convert it to your currency)
The amazing thing about it, it is a true skinny high waist jeans (up to the belly button), VERY comfy, made from cotton and tencel which is light weighted, breathable and slightly stretchy. On the first wash it will shrink a little (3% max) if you wear it after wash it stays in that shape for a long period of time. The fabric/material of the high waist is very strong (wet and dry).

Just wanted to share this with you all :D
xoxo

posted over 3 years ago

Gra
Style_council
Gra

River Island have lovely high waisted skinnys @ the moment. Its worth maybe trying there?

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION