SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
amethystfaye
Style_council
amethystfaye

i haven’t worn any kind of jeans in over a year, but i want to have a pair of high waisted shorts.
i was thinking of buying of just buying high waisted jeans from the thrift store and cutting them.
how can you tell if they are high waisted just by looking at it? should i just try it on to see so i know they are or not? well of course i’m going to try them on, but like how can you eyeball it? thanks!

posted about 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you can tell when it’s high-waisted if there’s a lot of room between the top of the jeans and the crotch. frumpy mom jeans like these would make great high-waisted shorts, but low-rise jeans like these would just make regular denim shorts.

I found a great pair at my local thrift store for $1. they were flared mom jeans—hideous, I know—but as soon as I cut the legs off they looked great. I added lace on the pockets and frayed the hem, I love the way they turned out :). I’ll do a tutorial on my blog when I have the time.

posted about 2 years ago

thatyellowtutu
Style_council
thatyellowtutu

I think you should buy high waisted shorts first so you can get a feel of what they’re like. You don’t have to buy an expensive one though, just something for you to get your inspiration with so you can try to make some yourself :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION