SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

so i was talking with some of my friends about fake stuff (like bags, clothing, etc…) & we all have different opinions about it.

some of my friends say that it doesnt really matter…some say that its just tacky…but my opinion is that why not just get something else instead of something fake. you might find something thats way nicer than whatever fake brand you end up getting (& probably way cheaper too).

so i wanted to know what was your opinion? :)

posted about 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I don’t mind fakes if they’re a half decent fake and not the type with logos all over them. I remember a couple of years ago fake Chloe paddington bags being all about the shops and some of the copies of that didn’t look bad, same with some of the Marc Jacobs stam copies, but fake Gucci, LV, Burberry etc. logo/print is just tacky.

posted about 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I don’t like fakes for the sole reason that they make the reals look bad, in concerns of the brand-monogram designs. But I really don’t take second thought about buying fakes, if it looks good, is a reasonable price and looks like it’ll stand up to wear and tear, then I’ll buy it.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i don’t like the luxury brands. if they’re real they’re so awfully expensive, if they’re fake people frown upon you. i just like unique, cheap finds that jazz up my style : )

posted about 4 years ago

BadPrettyPaid
Style_council
BadPrettyPaid

i would get anything if i can’t get the real deal oh well i rather work for the real thing than to just take the easy way out an be like oh i could get a fake one i mean thats just me so yea

posted about 4 years ago

thewrotethewrit
Style_council
thewrotethewrit

I HATE fakes for many reasons. Firstly, it’s unfair on the designer who’s slaved away to finally make it and to design a product which their proud of only to get replicated at less than half the price, and they aren’t getting a cut of it either. Every designer wants to be different, therefore it’s unfair when others copy their designs/ ideas and make a profit from it.
Secondly, it takes away the whole luxury of having a designer item. I enjoy nothing more than saving up and splurging on a nice handbag, and it literally kills me inside to then walk from the high street and see copies and ‘knock offs’ of an item which makes me feel so special.

So yeahh, I don’t like them ahahaa.

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

Fake stuff is fine for me unless it has logos on it, those are just tacky

posted about 4 years ago

TheBlushingBeauty
Style_council
TheBlushingB...

its whatever w/ me think about it some people are not fortunate as the next,and why work soo hard to buy a $3000 bagbthat you’ll only wear once,i feel thats stupid especially if you are still living w/your parents and have no means of transportation you could be doing more mature responsible things w/your money

posted about 4 years ago

Style_council

i dont mind designer inspired fakes (eg stores who copy designer styles), but im not a fan of designer fakes (especially fake LV)

posted about 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

It’s tacky and often counterfeit goods benefit terrible organizations.

I really don’t care enough to buy a replica… I’d buy something inspired by those brands in the watered-down mass produced store.

posted about 4 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

good “fakes” are great and save a ton of money.

posted about 4 years ago

kaydyanful
Style_council
kaydyanful

I agree with xxmidnight… I just hate when people lie about it. lol obviously its fake.

posted about 4 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I agree with xxmidnight too! I’d rather have something that isn’t a super expensive designer brand. Just because it’s not a designer brand and SUPER expensive doesn’t mean it doesn’t look cute and isn’t made well.
A lot of times I see designer brands or copies of designer creations that aren’t even that great-looking, it’s just because the label that people want it, and I totally don’t understand that.
I also agree with Catherinee. I’d buy something inspired by the brand, but definitely not an exact copy of it, or someone blatantly trying to fake the work.

posted about 4 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

Personally I’m not a fan of fakes for myself…

BUT I think that the “designer’s work hard and dont get credit for their designs” argument has some points people fail to look at. Desinger’s who’s designs are replicated as fakes, i.e. chanel, gucci, marc jacobs, burberry, are multi-million dollar corporations which DO benefit from fakes. Someone rockin a fake chanel bag, with the big double CC’s on it, is advertising for Chanel’s logo as well as the design of the bag. They are advertising for Chanel and Chanel doesnt have to pay a cent.

People who have the money will pay for the real deal if they can. I only own a few select name brand items which I paid the full (insane) price for with their official “made in italy” tags. Good old Dolce and Gabbana. Originals are also a quality that does not compare to fakes. And in the end it really does feel so fabulous to have those real pieces.

Its like with jewlery..can you afford to wear real diamonds or fakes? sometimes its nice to own the real thing, but these days with money being an issue, I can understand wanting a piece of the real thing. And even though he wouldnt be caught dead in a fake nowadays I’m sure at some point in his early life Karl Lagerfeld understood this, too.

posted about 4 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

quite simply FAKESARENEVERINFASHION.com

i wish more people knew and cared about how hurtful, in many aspects, counterfeits actually are. it saddens me that most do not.

i think it is a little ridiculous and sickening how greedily some people gobble up labels and logos in a mindless way, for the sake of having a logo or label. it is also a little ridiculous and sickening though, how some brands push and push and push that in their advertising, and that it works.

posted about 4 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

some designers are being compensated way more than what their products are worth… if you can find a similar product for less, more power to yah!

posted about 4 years ago

VivikaChic
Style_council
VivikaChic

I don’t mind with fakes as long as their quality is good.. for example I wouldn’t by a fake shirt if I knew that in the next month it would end up in the garbage…in that case I would prefer to spend more money and last for almost a lifetime!

posted about 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

I dont understand why some people would bother spending money on fake stuff because people will notice, and its just embarrasing when they do.

Midnight is totally right, why not just buy something else. People just want to show off because honestly I really dont find fake gucci or dolce & gabana purses to be that cute. I could go to Ross or TJMAXX and find something wayyy cuter or even forever21.

posted about 4 years ago

shoegirlath
Style_council
shoegirlath

Face is a big NO! When you don’t have money to buy something expensive, just look for a cheaper version that has the same style!You can always find great stuff if you search and of course when you have taste!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION