SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

i would like your advice from the perspective of either a buyer or seller or both! i have personally never bought anything from etsy before, but i am addicted to shopping on ebay, and i often sell on ebay as well (with mixed results). i’m thinking about doing a switch from selling on ebay to selling on etsy and i want to hear opinions about the differences between the two from whatever perspective you might have.

thanks!

posted about 5 years ago
StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Well ive never bought or sold anything from Etsy but i would definately be willing to give it a try.
I used to sell and buy from ebay but im just not happy with it anymore,i dont feel the prices are great for what you are getting.That and the fact the majority of things i have bought from ebay have just never lived up to the expectations.
I must say i did get a lovely dress and some boots for amazing prices,but its more or less finding a gem in amongst alot of rubbish.
That is just my experiance though.

posted about 5 years ago

annajyu
Style_council
annajyu

I’ve purchased from both sites and I like shopping on Etsy just a little bit more because it’s less stressful w/o the bidding wars. Also, I like to think that a lot of the shops aren’t as popular as the well known Ebay shops so I feel like it’s one of my best shopping “secrets.”

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Whenever I browse on Ebay I always put it on the “buy it now only” option because I don’t feel like dealing with intense bidding. If I were to buy from either, it would probably be Etsy.

posted about 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

yeah, i’ve definitely noticed that ebay can be pretty intimidating for a lot of people. and etsy seems to have such a nice community. i think people tend to go to ebay to find good deals. at least i know i do. maybe etsy has people that are more interested in just shopping, rather than trying to get the best price.

hm… i just don’t have any experience pricing things. it’s tricky because you don’t want to go too low… but if the prices are too high, no one will buy them!

posted about 5 years ago

StrawberryFields
Style_council
StrawberryFi...

Id suggest if you were selling a dress put a price on it that you would be willing to pay.

posted about 5 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I like ebay more because I find the user interface to be better. I personally feel searching for stuff on ebay to be quicker and not such a hassel.

posted about 5 years ago

TheEchosAnswer
Style_council
TheEchosAnswer

Yeah, I find ebay easier to browse. The bidding is good & bad. It’s good when you get a great deal, it’s bad when prices get inflated & you get outbid at the last second.

I’ve noticed lately that there is hardly any good vintage on ebay anymore. Is everyone moving to etsy? I live in a small town, and so I depend on the internet for buying vintage….

posted about 5 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I’m only a buyer, and started only lately to buy from Ebay and Etsy, i bought few things on both sites, but i think Esty it’s better somehow…nicer comunication and quality :)

posted about 5 years ago

mgasmmm
Style_council
mgasmmm

i have a strong disliking for ebay, but i love etsy. the stores are so much better, and you don’t have to worry about stupid bidding!

posted about 5 years ago

eithlinn
Style_council
eithlinn

I only buy from etsy because of the fact that I don’t want to wait for the end of bidding and the stress of not winning.Plus, there is the fact that the layout of the shops on etsy is better.The whole layout of the site is much neater.

posted about 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I’ve sold on ebay before. The only thing I had a problem with was charging too low for shipping and got a bit jipped off. :S
I have never tried etsy.. Haven’t even heard of it until now. :O I suppose I should.

posted about 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

thanks so much for your input guys! i decided to go ahead and make the switch and now i’m selling items in a new etsy shop.

(if you wanna check it out, it’s at calivintage.etsy.com)

posted about 5 years ago

Stephyy_Mel
Style_council
Stephyy_Mel

I didn’t even know there was a difference!

posted about 5 years ago

thatgirlyoumet
Style_council
thatgirlyoumet

I find ebay a bit intimidating as well. I’ve had an Etsy shop for a while now but just recently have had the time to really concentrate on trying to sell.

Feel free to stop by at elegantlydisheveled.etsy.com

posted about 5 years ago

sewmesomelove
Style_council
sewmesomelove

i think etsy is a lot easier to navigate than ebay. On etsy each person has their own “profile” so you get to see into one persons creativity, and come back for more!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION