SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

I’m not sure whether I should buy stuff after Christmas or before? I would think prices would be better after Christmas since stores want to clear out everything for the New Year. If so, would it be better to hit the mall on the 26th or shop online?

My brands of interest: Abercrombie, Hollister, Gilly Hicks, True Religion, Vivienne Westwood, Juicy Couture and the like

posted over 3 years ago
kia
Style_council
kia

The safe bet is to buy the stuff now- stores are getting in their spring stuff now and want winter stuff OUT. It WILL be almost gone by christmas….especially the popular sizes. If its something you really want buy it now because there is a good chance it won’t be there after christmas. If you like to “gamble” and wait for a really good sale, it will be a few weeks after christmas, when the winter stuff is returned an marked down. But by then stores are in full spring mode. :/

So safe bet=buy now
Gamble for a sale=buy later
Or you could even play the return game…buy it now, and if they have it weeks later buy that one and return the one you bought now. :)

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’d suggest after… if it’s for yourself, anyway. There’s always leftover stuff after Christmas, especially at more popular stores. And as kia said, early January marks the arrival of early spring merchandise.

posted over 3 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re after partywear then shop before christmas as that’ll be the first stuff to go on sale to be got rid of as quickly as possible because stores will find it hard to get rid of after new year. For daytime winter wear, wait a while because when that stuff does go on sale, the discounts probably won’t be that much cheaper to start off with as the shops can get away with selling most of it for another month or 2. Wait out as long as you can but if you only see 1 or 2 of a certain item in your size then grab it while you can.

Do shop online though when possible, some stores do better discounts online than in stores, and sales usually start online before they do in store.

posted over 3 years ago

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

After Christmas sales are always better but its AFTER Christmas =(

posted over 3 years ago

ACO
Style_council
ACO

no way go before the year ends!!!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION