SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MerryThePrankster
Style_council
MerryThePran...

It’s that time of year again… Winter Semi-Formal time. And with this comes every manner of dress stressing. I’m currently in love with this dress:

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10918170&cp=4078198.4192312

I’m a bit worried that it’s a bit too early ’60s burlesque for a school dance, though. Thoughts?

posted almost 4 years ago
eudaemonic
Style_council
eudaemonic

If you’re brave enough, I say go for it. But i’m definitely not brave enough to wear it to my school’s winter ball.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

^ agree with her. if you like it and think you can rock it but honestly it doesn’t seem very semi-formal to me. but hey, whatever you like

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

If the dance is only semi-formal, I think it would be fine. We had a winter formal which was pretty much like prom so it would have looked out of place there, but if your dress code is more cocktail-style I think this could work, especially if you dress it up with your shoes and accessories.

However, since I don’t know what people typically wear to dances where you live, you might want to double-check with some local friends and see if it matches the same level of formality as what they’re wearing. They’re probably the best reference for what will look “out of place.”

REPLY TO DISCUSSION