SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Vampykiss2010
Style_council
Vampykiss2010

I’ve been seeing them everywhere like mall, etsy, ebay, and etc! Especially on necklaces, earrings, rings, coffee cup, and house decorating stuffs! What does it mean? What year they started? Why are they so popular?

posted almost 3 years ago
FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

They’ve been popular for a while. Probably because they are so cute!:)

karliSTEPHENSON
Style_council
karliSTEPHENSON

No idea why they got so popular. Just before it became popular, I bought an owl necklace. And, it got pretty popular afterwards.

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

dont know why!!some are cute

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’ve seen quite a few animal images being marketed lately (lots of birds, elephants, and deer, too) but you’re right, the owl trend has really taken off like crazy! I first started seeing them 2 or 3 years ago and they’re still just as popular now.

My theory is that they’re cute but quirky, and they symbolize intelligence so they don’t seem as froo-froo or juvenile as if they were a kitten or a rabbit or something? But I don’t know how that makes them so popular, like the most popular animal you see in fashion right now.

boho_tanujaa
New_user boho_tanujaa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When boho_tanujaa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
boho_tanujaa

Wow, you’re right; I haven’t realized that! My guess is that buyers adore the cuteness and quirkiness that owls have as a fashion statement (as said by MurasakiNeko).

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Because people love to put birds on things lol. I don’t know where the trend originated, but I’ve also seen a lot of octopi, squid, deer, etc.

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

just another fashion trend we are drooling over…
maybe bc they are so darn cute! <3

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Owls were even quite popular on etsy even about over two years back, I believe. But I guess marketers saw that from some Indie -style subcultures and made more owl-jeweled accessories and printed shirts accessible in stores.

I know deers, rabbits, and cats are popular with mori girls (forest girls) style.

But hey this would make an interesting research. :D

REPLY TO DISCUSSION