SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
quoi_de_neuf
Style_council
quoi_de_neuf

In the lieu of the current economic crisis, I wanted to know who’s still shopping as frequently/spending as much as they used to? If not, how have your habits changed?

I for one have cut back tremendously. It’s not a decision I made willingly, rather one made because of fear. Spending $50 worries me.

posted over 5 years ago
1 2
StandardClash
Style_council
StandardClash

My shopping habbits have with out a doubt changed.
Last year,I remember every trip to mall,I’d have a 100 or so dollars in my pocket and blow almost all of it.
Now I’m weary about even buying anything over 25…
My favorite store used to be Metropark and now shifted to Forever 21

posted over 5 years ago

strvngrtst929
Style_council
strvngrtst929

Well considering how broke I’ve been I haven’t been doing much shopping…and when I do it’s at the thrift store…Really before about 60% of my clothing/accessory purchases were from the thrift store anyway, but now it’s up to about 85% Especially since Im an unemployed art student…wah wah waaaaah. lol

posted over 5 years ago

jonibringsjoy
Style_council
jonibringsjoy

I’m not at the moment, because I spent all my money on a trip in Feb. So I’ll just be window shopping until summer when I get a job.

posted over 5 years ago

hair_styler88
Style_council
hair_styler88

i still shop like theres no tomoro…
our prime minister sent out our stimulus packages…
first i got $1000 and then probably 2 months ago i got another $950…(its all in Australian dollars btw)…
but all that money has seemed to disappear…some ppl think i need to see someone about my bad shopping habits….i think i agree with them

posted about 5 years ago

GoXtina
Style_council
GoXtina

I don’t spend as much as I used to. I have way too much clothes and I’m lazy to wear them. Lately, I’ve been concentrating on buying pieces that I need that complete my wardrobe. I haven’t been shopping for a week or two… Well I’m on a shopping ban till June 19th.

Before, I would spend on a lot of things that I don’t need. Since I am poor right now, I just buy things that I can wear again.

posted about 5 years ago

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

I’ve had to cut down, but to be honest I was trying to anyway so it’s probably a good thing. I still shop, but like others have said I think longer and harder and buy less ‘disposable’ stuff. It’s coincided with me really figuring out what I want from my clothes and my style, so it’s been quite good fun reworking old pieces and remembering why I loved them to begin with.
This month I have bought a cotton sweater, a summer dress and a bikini. That’ll probably be it.

posted about 5 years ago

tiffany313
Style_council
tiffany313

My shopping habits have definitely changed due to the economic crisis…and this is coming from someone who was shopping all the time and spending tons of money. It’s a big change to not be able to shop like I used to and I find it harder to find clothes that I actually like with a good price that I can afford. I’m not a huge fan of forever21 or HM because their stuff is so bland and really “cheaply” made. I great store i found in Soho is Eryn Brinie on Broadway and Broome. They have GREAT TRENDY stuff at low prices. The store is also really well put together and and organized..and it makes me feel like my old shopping self :). Check it out!

posted about 5 years ago

whitelightwhiteheat
Style_council
whitelightwh...

I’ve always been a very skeptic consumer… I force myself to put all the money I make into my saving’s account, which I am only allowed to withdraw from 3 times a month. That really helps me prioritize.

I’m big on saving up for very nice things, like the $360 leather jacket I want right now. I’m just waiting until I have a large enough sum saved up, so that I know I’ll be secure if something happens.

posted about 5 years ago

bluerockets
Style_council
bluerockets

I’ve been trying to cut down on shopping but most importantly I’ve been buying pieces that I can wear for many outfits, so mostly basics. I find I do have to splurge on some pieces though just for the quality. I haven’t been buying any cheap stuff instead I save and buy a good quality item. Also I’ve been going to the outlets and seeing the previous seasons stuff because they are good quality and I can wear the stuff many times.

posted about 5 years ago

jadeyoudk
Style_council
jadeyoudk

I still shop. I don’t think there was a change because I don’t buy expensive items anyway. Everytime I go shopping, I go straight to the SALE rack. And I don’t buy lots because most clothes doesn’t fit me very well.

posted about 5 years ago

mallobar
Style_council
mallobar

Yeah, I never really had any money to begin with haha. So I’m always hitting up sales and stuff anyways. I rarely ever pay full price even before the recession.
But now I’m trying to do more vintage shopping… went to the flea market last weekend. It was so fun :P

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION