Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  black platform pumpsblack pumpsplatform pumps
julesjulesjules
Style_council
julesjulesjules

Like many of you, I’m sure, I went nuts over MKA’s platform heels at their book signing. I don’t have a decent pair of black pumps to begin with, and these seem like a great way to deal with my vertical challenge (I’m 5’2") and make my legs look leaner. However, I can’t seem to find any that are not over 4"—I’ve never walked in anything that high and hate stilettos. I’ve scoured Zappos, ShopStyle, etc., and I don’t have many places to physically shop seeing as I live in podunk Florida. Help a sister out? Where do you think I can find the best? Relate your experiences walking in them if you have some! Thanks!

link it

posted over 5 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I know they’re probably crappy quality, but there’s these for $20 that have 3.75" heels. The heel on the shoe in the picture you posted seems much thinner, but maybe these will be easier to walk in? Sorry it’s probably not much help :/

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/urbanog/Items/vernice-15_blk?sck=32545113&caSKU=vernice-15_blk&caTitle=Miss%20Me%20Vernice-15%20Pump%20Black

posted over 5 years ago

julesjulesjules
Style_council
julesjulesjules

Oh yeah, I’m definitely looking for something with a thicker heel so that I can actually move. The MKA photo was just my reference point.

I actually have the two-tone version of those Miss Me heels and have never worn them. They’re totally cute but really damn heavy. Then again, it’s also my fault for buying them in a color that doesn’t go with anything I have, so perhaps this all-black pair would get some use from me. Thanks though!

posted over 5 years ago

julesjulesjules
Style_council
julesjulesjules

Buhhh no funds for ’em :/

posted over 5 years ago

emilyinthebigcity
Style_council
emilyinthebi...

This is totally embarassing, but I got a pair of black, not-quite-plain platforms at Walmart a few weeks ago. The toe is fake patent, and there’s a strap at the front, but I imagine you could take it off. For $15 or 16, they might be worth a try. They’re probably about 4", but with the platform, they’re pretty easy to walk in (I wore them for an entire gospel concert, while I swayed and danced and whatnot).

posted over 5 years ago

melanieoh
New_user melanieoh is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When melanieoh reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
melanieoh

steve madden pumps are thee best.

posted almost 3 years ago

KailiBaranowski
Style_council
KailiBaranowski

last year when I worked at Aldo Shoes they had a lot of hidden platform shoes, maybe try looking there? I have some hidden platform boots and they are the most comfortable shoes I own :] good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

smith02john
New_user smith02john is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When smith02john reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
smith02john

Hi,

A large collection for black platform pumps si available on Dressve This is a great online place online buyers , rates are so competitive and quality products , once you go start searching your findings, you will always visit. Expore the treasure by clicking at

posted 5 days ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION