SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Lizzeth
Style_council
Lizzeth

It just snowed 2 feet here in VA and my dad said I need to get a pair of suitable snow boots, other than my snow-soaked Uggs. I’ve been wearing my rain boots to shovel snow, but they don’t do a very good job of keeping my feet warm and I really don’t want to go to L.L. Bean to get a pair of old-looking boots. Any stylish and sensible snow boots out there?

posted over 4 years ago
littlerain
Style_council
littlerain

ugg makes a pair that are lined but look like rain boots on the outside. i saw them at dsw the other day. I know J.Crew did something similar one year and so did Hunter, in the fall… hope that helps? i’m curious to see what you might find!

posted over 4 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

yes please let me know what you find :)
my rents keep bugging me about my rain-soaked ugg-inspired boots too D:

posted over 4 years ago

andreakeller
Style_council
andreakeller

Check out this link:

http://www.qwizza.com/quiz/9712363/Which-Winter-Boots-Are-For-You-%28women%29

It has got a Winter Boots quiz for women. It helps you in choosing the winter boots suited to your personality. Also when it gives results it gives a link to zappos.com from where you can buy them at low prices.

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I took andreakeller’s suggested quiz. I got the betty boot as a result. It looks ok…but the function and fit are what are most important. Those things are like survival boots as far as function is concerned. A good winter boot fits snug in the foot (to avoid ankle-twisting & sock slippage) and loose up top (if it’s taller than your ankle) for pants-tucking. But, since you live in Virginia, I really don’t think you need to bust out industrial winter boots with 18 points of traction. Nope, what you need is a nice, tall motorcycle/equestrian boot, preferably made out of real leather. Make sure they either zip or tie at least past the largest part of your calf. Then, you’ll want to invest in 6-16 pairs of Thermal socks &/or legwarmers. You can find cute ones at www.sockdreams.com

Hope that helps. Don’t worry, spring will be here before you know it. And then you can wear your “winter” boots with thin socks or just tights. :D

posted over 4 years ago

Lizzeth
Style_council
Lizzeth

Thanks! I actually have a pair of equestrian boots…. but they wont do a good job of keeping the snow out because they have a zipper along the back of them. I want a really trust pair because I go out of state all the time to go skiing with my family. Thanks for all the help!

Im counting down the days to spring!!!!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION