SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

I look at stores daily to see what comes out. Like Forever21. Whenever I see something I IMMEDIATLY go OMG I WANT! Then I put it into wishlist thing and see what the total is for the stuff I want. The next day I go and look again and keep editing out what I wont really wear, too expensive, already have something similar, like this piece more that is the same price. So I ultimatly end up cutting my wishlist from like 250 to like 40-60 dollars. Which is good, then I go to the store and try it on, which cuts it down usually to 30 XD. So I wonder, when you shop do you look online, then try to widdle it down to a good a tiny amount of money?
I saw a post about what is it to be a shopaholica and I dont think I suffer from that because I can budget myself and I dont feel empty when I dont shop. I do get anxty when I dont go to the mall for long periods of time (a month), but its moreso cause I am trapped in my house and want a new scene —;

So, anyone else out there do this? :)

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I think that’s a pretty smart way to do it! The Internet saves you time because you don’t have to go back and forth to the store to window-shop, but by going to the store to actually buy things in the end, you can try them on and be sure you absolutely love them, which saves you money and disappointment.

In the places I’ve lived, I often don’t have the greatest local shopping, so I do a lot of Internet shopping. I have to take the risk and order it and send it back if i don’t like it or it doesn’t fit. I think if I had both online and actual stores available to me, I would probably check out the website first to get an idea of what I’m looking for and then go find it. It’s like doing your research, to make sure you only get what you need and can afford.

posted over 4 years ago

SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

I do that too!
It gets me excited to go shopping when I make my shopping lists, plus it makes shopping easier cuz then you know what you want & know how much you plan on paying, which makes it quicker too. :)

posted over 4 years ago

RoswellVixen
Style_council
RoswellVixen

LOL i do the exact same thing only by the time i decide to finally buy the items in the cart they put out more that i really like and the amount goes right back up again XD lol

posted over 4 years ago

zombelle
Style_council
zombelle

I do something quite similar to that.

posted over 4 years ago

TheColorExplosion
Style_council
TheColorExpl...

I do things like that, but maybe once a week? Not everyday lol

posted over 4 years ago

bethanwithlove
Style_council
bethanwithlove

Oh I want nearly everything in F21 and loads of other abroad stores, but I live in the Uk and the shipping is ridiculous and then theres customs on top so it’s just not worth it.

I always put a ton of things in my basket and then think well what if I see it cheaper next time I go clothes shopping so I just look for ideas on what I would want and make a list in my head for next time…:]

posted over 4 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I do that all.the.time. Like everyday. But I never end up buying anything because everything sells out at f21.com in four hours!

posted over 4 years ago

cathhyy
Style_council
cathhyy

haha me too! I actually just add a bunch of stuff I would get, but I never actually buy it online.. ): Too much of a hassle and I hate waiting.
But whenever I actually go to Forever21, I can never find the thing I originally wanted. It’s always so messy there! ): But usually I may find even better things :D
hopefully.
haha and I’m such a shopaholic; like I can’t go to the mall without buying something. I feel like it’s such a waste of time then. And I feel unaccomplished ): UGH.

posted over 4 years ago

melibubarbie
Style_council
melibubarbie

i loveeee shopping online because it’s so organized and i can always go back and refine my choices! i do exactly what you do and it definitely does NOT make you a shopaholic, don’t worry.

posted over 4 years ago

LadyAshMarie
Style_council
LadyAshMarie

I wish I could do that but by the time I have fallen in love with something on the forever 21 website its not available in the store anymore by the time I get to one…sucks living 3 hours from forever 21 :(

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I do that!! I thought I was the only one! LK i’ll go thru websites and add stuff to my favorites, and print out the pages, and then go to the actual store and try and find it!!

posted over 4 years ago

antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

yeah, i totally do this too. and also try to sleep on it, and if im still thinking about it the next day, ill get it!

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

that’s a good idea!! i wish i could find the stuff on the stores :(

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I def. do that too :)

posted over 4 years ago

FadedSketches
Style_council
FadedSketches

That’s a very good idea! I’m gonna try that!

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I just recently started doing this! But you’ve really got it down to a science lol i like your way better

posted over 4 years ago

babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

yeah, f21 sucks cuz they sell out of the cute stuff online VERY fast….

I call it the “red notice of death” whenever I go to check out my bag and it says ‘please note some items have been removed from your bag because the product is no longer sold’. I haaaaate that so much… and, i know this sounds bad, but it makes me a little depressed!

I am a self-confessed shopaholic. But for me, admitting the problem does not seem to help! The only thing that is working is once my credit cards are maxed out, and my pay check is used up paying blls, I cant shop and I haaaattte that feeling. Sometimes I’ll lay in my bed at night and think “girl, you really have all the clothes in the world- what else do you possibly need?” but then the next day comes along and the cutest dress in the world shows up and i feel like I HAVE to have it.

I used to spend hundreds of dollars a month (i make about 2Gs but still…) online shopping. Now I only allow myself two online shopping purchases a month.. So far I’ve only shopped once at urban outfitters. My next check out will be F21. But yes, I am a shopaholic. :(

posted over 4 years ago

eminemmx
Style_council
eminemmx

I never do that haha, I just buy clothes when I want them, and when money allows it, or if I want a variety of items, but only have money for one or two, I’ll choose the one(s) I want the most.

I guess that’s the same-ish haha.

posted over 4 years ago

bethMFB
Style_council
bethMFB

Haha this makes me feel sane! I do that too!
Looking at new arrivals on forever21.com cheers me up, and I put anything that intrigues me on my wishlist. I edit things out as time goes on, then when I go to the store, I already have a vague idea of what I like, which probably saves an hour off the trip. I like ordering jewelry/accessories and tees online, but I prefer to try dresses and bottoms on in the store. Their sizes vary

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

lol yeah i do that exact thing for forever21. save everything to polyvore!

posted over 4 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

hey, taht’s a good idea. I’m not shooping oftenly (almost just one piece a month). but when I really obsessed with something, I will go to the stores and if it expensive, I look around for the other stores who sell definitely same style but lower price.

posted over 3 years ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I used to browse online stores all the time, but now I have less time to do so. I actually don’t miss it too much – my closet is packed as is! I do prioritize the items I buy however.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION