SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

Help! My boyfriend’s birthday is coming up very soon and of course I didn’t do my shopping yet. He’s into photography (already has a lomo, photowall clips, etc), likes those magnetic bucky balls, and is nerdy and is into Star Trek/ Star Wars/ Tron/ Etc. He already has all the music and movies he wants so CD’s and DVD’s are already a no. He also has the photography stuff he likes.

I’m leaning towards a plaid button-up shirt, but I got him that for Christmas already… :(

Any suggestions?

P.S. He’s not a hipster even though my description of him may sound hipster-ish. Haha.

posted over 3 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

My husband is somewhat artsy (he does some oil painting and self tailors his shirts), but probably more geeky (star trek, tron, boardgames), so maybe there are some overlap? Here are some of the gifts I’ve gotten for him that he likes.

- Zara jacket.
- A trip to a mug painting place where we both paint our own mugs.
- A private lesson with a dance instructor for swing dancing. He’s always wanted to improve.
- Obey cardigan
- Boardgame. This is a good resource for indie boardgames, click here.

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Graphics course is the first thing i thought of!
not the wall painting things(that would be graffiti),but the ones you make on metal, paper and so on. A technique of carving and panting materials.
The thing is that photos make awesome bases for these…just awesome.
Try a local art centre or some such and ask if they do courses for it.

posted over 3 years ago

vintage_taupe
Style_council
vintage_taupe

try something from this site http://www.thinkgeek.com

I purchase my boyfriends birthday gifts from here and he LOVED them!

posted over 3 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I always try to buy something that the person I am giving the gift to wouldn’t buy for themselves. Has he hinted at or mentioned anything he wants (but it’s too expensive, indulgent, etc.)? If you still can’t think of anything, take him out for a nice dinner and his favorite dessert.

posted over 3 years ago

purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

He hasn’t really hinted at anything. I’m sure he wants something nice, I’m just not sure what exactly. I’ll probably be taking him out to dinner on his birthday, and then see what else I can plan with him. A really good weekend would be a good birthday gift right? Haha.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I just came back from window shopping downtown, so I’ll keep a lookout for all the things you’ve mentioned.

posted over 3 years ago

JaquelynAurora
Style_council
JaquelynAurora

he sounds like that quirky kinda guy, but in a nice way haha. maybe something you guys can do together. there is a cardboard deerhead on urbanoutfitters.comt that you have to assemble; it’s quirky, artsy, and a fun project :) also, plenty of clothes online too

posted over 3 years ago

FASHION_ICE
Style_council
FASHION_ICE

I think something interactive like making t-shirts together or one of those art kits could be fun. Another idea would be a canvas painting of an image he likes or that is meaningful to him.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION