SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Vampykiss2010
Style_council
Vampykiss2010

I look these indie people that is similar to Hipster? Honest, Hipster and Indie aren’t my personal taste. I’m edgy. I just want to know what is Indie. Do you know that indie meaning?

posted almost 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Indie and hipster are just labels. I feel like “hipster” has a more derogatory connotation, and is often made fun of (i.e. wears fake glasses, smokes american spirits, wears american apparel, drinks PBR, only listens to ‘obscure’ music etc) .
I’ve always thought indie was more used in reference to art (i.e. film, literature), but I could be mistaken.

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

its like “edgy” and “rock” there’s small distinctions between the two. i agree with the statement above. i don’t really know too much more about the two.

sugarsugar_dina
Style_council
sugarsugar_dina

I think it started out as “independent” meaning they didn’t want to promote certain brands/labels or try to support smaller clothing makers whereas hipsters purposefully seek out something they think no one knows about to make them feel special/underground.

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Proper indie has been and gone in my opinion, it was a 90’s thing.

WoogieWoo
New_user WoogieWoo is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When WoogieWoo reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
WoogieWoo

I usually consider indie to mean independent, and the style to represent “out of the box” and edgy designs.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION