Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Bertha0425
New_user Bertha0425 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Bertha0425 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Bertha0425

I’ve seen many models wear mini-skirts on tv and magazines and I’ve also seen them given as style advise to wear. But I don’t get how you wear them.Are they really popular or are they seen worn on people just once in a while? Are they worth buying? Please help! Thank you girls : )

posted over 1 year ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

It really depends on whether or not you feel comfortable in a mini skirt. I tend to wear them more in the winter than summer – while that may seem counter-intuitive, I prefer wearing them when it’s cold because I can wear tights with them.

A good rule of thumb is that if you’re showing a lot of leg, keep your arms covered up. I also prefer chunkier sandals/heels over spindly stilettos with minis.

I just picked up two leather minis – my planned uniform for fall and winter is alternating black and white leather minis with turtlenecks and sweaters over colored/patterned tights and flat riding boots.

It’s all in the confidence and the styling! If you don’t think you’d be comfortable in one, don’t bother – but they do make your legs look incredible!

posted over 1 year ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I wear skirts all the time and sometimes they’re quite short. I like teaming them with opaque tights in the winter.

posted over 1 year ago

lavinias
Style_council
lavinias

Skirts will never be out-. I usually wear them with flats, or sandals. Depends on the occasion and on how the mini-skirt looks like

posted over 1 year ago

karro
Style_council
karro

I prefer to wear high waisted skirts because it looks classic and gives vintage look. However. the problem with mini is what the line between classy and bitchy look is really tiny. So be careful wearing heels. It also depends on body shape. for example i am very very skinny, so nothing looks bitchy on me because i have small boobs and ass :D

however, Here you can see how i do wear short skirt http://stylebykarro.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/todays-outfit_27.html

Have fun :) bye

posted over 1 year ago

somethingsun
New_user somethingsun is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When somethingsun reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
somethingsun

when wearing a mini skirt you’ll always have to recognize the line between casual and trashy. i’m very petite and thin anyway, so things tend not to look vulgar on me most of the time. but i’m still careful to wear it with something pretty and kinda loose/summery. tight shirt + short skirt makes me feel uncomfortable. just find your own “balance” somewhere and things will click. i don’t do minis in the winter- at least not yet.

posted over 1 year ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

I just don’t want to feel too exposed, so I usually wear a top that covers my chest and my shoulders, and casual flats or boots. I would feel too sexy in high heels shoes. I like to wear mini skirt in the winter time with thick tights, I feel way more comfortable and confident ;)

posted over 1 year ago

Eris
Style_council
Eris

All my skirts are high waisted. They’re more classy and comefortable than those short(extremely short) ones

posted over 1 year ago

JannePink
New_user JannePink is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When JannePink reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
JannePink

I agree with fashion_nerd , they are fun to wear with textured and patterned tights when the weather is a bit cooler. Also, because wearing a mini skirt exposes your legs, I prefer to wear a long sleeve top just to avoid over exposure.

But on very warm days, they are just as cute with a flowy tank top or sleeveless blouse.

posted over 1 year ago

theurbanlioness
Style_council
theurbanlioness

Personally, I’m not a huge fan but they’re alright. I think they look nice with a sheer/chiffon-y blouse to balance out the tightness/shortness of a mini skirt!:)

posted over 1 year ago

Chantelletries
New_user Chantelletries is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Chantelletries reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Chantelletries

I agree with cecilej . The type of hosiery and footwear that you wear with a mini skirt can really change the look. Like going from classy to trashy in 5 seconds. A lot of the time I will dilute the “sex-factor” by just choosing a less sheer, or even a cute/funky pair of nylons/leggings.

posted over 1 year ago

ChanelleNstuff
Shop_seller_2 ChanelleNstuff is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
ChanelleNstuff

I love wearing them with a cropped sweater (if they’re high waisted) because the sweater balances out the “tight and short” look with something a little more baggy and bulky. It creates a chic-ness to it, where as if you were to wear a tight, short top on top you might need to avoid any street corners hahaha jk. I’m not apposed to short and tight of course, that’s just how I like to wear them.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

You can wear a skirt with almost anything, if you are confident enough to wear it!

posted over 1 year ago

Tanyar123
Style_council
Tanyar123

if you wear a mini skirt and don’t feel confident. You can wear it with tights and a jumper

posted about 1 year ago

miadelgadox3
Style_council
miadelgadox3

Hi, there are so many ways you can style a mini skirt… For example, you can pair it with tights and a sweater/jumper for a fall or winter look. On the other hand, you can wear it with a cropped top or a nice blouse like this : http://www.divany.com/crop-top-with-metal-accent-back_17 (when the weather is a bit warmer)

posted about 1 year ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Definitely with tights or with a nice uneven hem top

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION