Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

Hey boys and girls!
Today the Versace for H&M collection was launched. What do you think about this whole phenomenon? Will you be queueing for hours to get some of the pieces?
My news feed on FB is currently exploding with pictures of people showing off their Versace stuff. But the whole thing kinda makes me sad. I remember one time I got really crazy about the Sonia Rykiel collection. I almost fought to get a dress. And then I came home, looked at the dress and it wasn’t even good quality and didnt even fit well. It made me feel so ashamed.
So this is too much craziness for me, it’s like a label had the power to make us its slave or to turn us into dumb followers who will all rock the same pieces at the next party we go to… :s
What do you think?

posted almost 3 years ago
Lambs
Style_council
Lambs

Although I’m excited for H&M, as this is a big move for them, I can’t help but be a bit disappointed. I just feel like the whole store is now going to be out of my reach as far as prices and things I can afford. The prices for the original H&M items are just going to go up and the quality is going to stay the same.

As far as Versace, I think you can expect some good quality, but who knows.

Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

That’s another point you have here!

rachelcollis
New_user rachelcollis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rachelcollis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rachelcollis

Hmm.. this is probably very good from h&m’s perspective, but not so much from the shoppers because it does mean that prices will probably rise :(

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I might be the only one who really doesn’t like the look of the whole collection! Just because it’s Versace…if I don’t like it, I’ll never wear it. I try to stay clear of the H&M Collections unless it’s something I really like.

SpiralStatic
Style_council
SpiralStatic

I actually found it disappointing and very overpriced considering H&M is meant to be a high street shop.

Dreamlander
Style_council
Dreamlander

So I went and had a look today… There was almost nothing left but I scored a nice t-shirt with a crazy black and white print in the men’s section. The funny thing is that its price was pretty much the average price of a fun t-shirt at H&M, but then I went to the women’s section and saw a ridiculous little scarf (more like a handkerchief actually) and it was 3 times more expensive!!! Is it me or menswear is cheaper than womenswear?? :s It would be so uncool.
It’s just like they’re trying to make their stuff more and more exclusive. The thing that baffles me is that lots of people respond to it like crazy.

VickyT
New_user VickyT is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When VickyT reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
VickyT

I saw all pieces of the collection online before it was launched & I didn’t like anything. There were two baby doll dresses that I loved but dresses of those styles are easy to find anywhere, plus I thought that the reason why they even have these is to give people more affordable high fashion clothing. They were too overpriced in my opinion.

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I saw the stuff, and I’ve gotta say I wasn’t really impressed with much of it. There were a couple cute pieces, but I’m not sure if it was my style.

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

little disappointed… i was expecting things that were more wearable but still mixing in elements of leather and studs… kind of like a toned down version of lady gaga’s music video edge of glory featuring vintage versace pieces. some things were nice, some things came off tacky. i think it’s because lanvin set the bar really high last year

CoralSecret
New_user CoralSecret is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When CoralSecret reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
CoralSecret

Frankly, I am pretty happy with my purchases :)

I got the black ankle boots and the nice red dress.

For those who want to know more about my experience at The Versace for H&M launch in Singapore, please read my blog: http://coralsecret.blogspot.com

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I didn`t like :( honetly it could be much better! But they don`t seem to have not even quality!

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I liked some pieces of the collection (but I liked LANVIN more)…
Unluckly I could get only one t-shirt…I wanted also a jumper at least :(
Pity!

guiltfreedonut
New_user guiltfreedonut is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When guiltfreedonut reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
guiltfreedonut

I agree with your point about labels making us crazy. What we have to remember is that labels themselves don’t make the clothing. What makes good clothes are quality and beauty, the label is just a tag. Although I love Versace I didn’t particularly like any of the pieces I saw, but I did like the Lanvin collaboration…

inaidko
Style_council
inaidko

i think that would be very expensive

hashbrown11
Style_council
hashbrown11

I think the line is really cute but you are completely right about the materialism of it all. I think the line would have done well even if it wasn’t made by Versace but it wouldn’t have gotten as blown up as it is now.

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I saw the collection online before was launch and I did like some pieces, but one thing is to see something online and another one is have them in hand. I will wait until I go to H&M.

crazy_wasabii
Style_council
crazy_wasabii

oriental print dress caught my eyes so I bought that along with a blazer for my bf

thelittlebigspender
New_user thelittlebigspender is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When thelittlebigspender reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
thelittlebig...

Lucky for me, I live in the Philippines and not much people have it here. So meaning I won’t bump into someone who will be wearing the same dress as me! I like the collection to be honest, its crazy and different. I know tons of people don’t like it because of the silly cuts and patterns. But remember what Donatella said: ""You can’t pretend that everybody likes Versace. It would be boring. It’s better to create a reaction than to create no reaction. That’s dangerous."

Anyway, my boyfriend got it for me cause right now he’s in the Netherlands and haha I actually made him line up for me! I know right? Hahaha! Oh well my packages just came yesterday and soooo excited!

YonYe
New_user YonYe is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When YonYe reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
YonYe

???? ???????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????? RB2140????????????????????? RB3025????????????????

posted over 2 years ago

itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

hmmm, I think the concept is great, but it gets talked up too much, and everyone freaks out, and the quality isn’t that great. However, if there was ever a Marc Jacobs for H&M, I would stay up all night, and camp out in front of the store for sure!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION