SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
swingthedayaway
Style_council
swingthedayaway

I’ve been looking for a good pair of denim high-waisted shorts, but I can’t find any that are of a decent and affordable price (less than $40-$50). I’ve tried Etsy and eBay, but a lot of the sellers have a no-return policy if they don’t fit. :\ I’ve also seen some that they call high-waisted on Forever 21’s website, but it doesn’t even look like they really reach the waist since a lot of them look like they sit below the bellybutton. Any suggestions? Thanks so much! :)

posted about 2 years ago
FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I sell recreated shorts in my etsy shop, Bella Bandanas. I have a few pairs of high-waisted shorts in it now. Once summer kicks off, I will be selling a ton of high-waisted shorts for between $10 and $25. So just watch my shop! hahaha

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

You could also try LoveCharles Vintage on Etsy. If Lily (the owner) doesn’t already have what you’re looking for, you can email her and she will look. I’ve bought from her several times and I don’t have any regrets!

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I got a pair at American Apparel that I love! They’re about $10 over your budget, but if you sign up for their email list, you get 15% off. Also, if you Like them on facebook, they have flash sales all the time and I’m sure shorts or denim will be a sale fairly soon. I like that they have options, like high waist and super short or high waist and longer, and so many colors besides denim! The Stretch Bull Denim is cheaper than the jean version, so you might look at that too.

posted about 2 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I got a really cool pair at a thrift store the other day..black, silky, sexy…too bad, I will have to wear them with tights all the time..I have the WORSE legs.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@mercik, I totally feel your pain! I have the very opposute of model leegs, haha. Luckily i have nice slender ankles that make up for some of it.

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I do believe I got my pair from H&M.
I agree, Forever21’s high waist shorts aren’t that high waisted to me.

I would also try checking out thrift stores for high waist jeans that you can just cut at your desired length. It’s sometimes easier to recon than to buy new, especially with a budget.

posted about 2 years ago

glanvillebaby
Style_council
glanvillebaby

(For the record I am not a huge fan of Forever 21 but I just went these the other day and found some stuff)
Forever 21 has a pair that is pretty high waisted but they are not denim. It is a green pair that I tried the other day. I was between the green and a black dotted pair and ended up getting the black with white dots (see my post from today, or check out the site’ s link: http://www.forever21.com/images/model_detail/00034839-01.jpg) which is not as high as the green pair (http://www.forever21.com/images/model_detail/00034420-02.jpg ). The green had a higher waist- however you may want to try them on before deciding for yourself. I thought the green were really cute I just did not want to buy two pairs and the black felt more classic.
Getting a pair of thrifted high waisted jeans and cutting them yourself would work too!!
Actually F21 is having a huge denim sale too- jeans at 6.99 and you can cut them off too- check these high waisted ones:
http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspxBR=f21&Category=btms_jeans&ProductID=2000024201&VariantID=

Good luck!!

posted about 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I agree with hitting the thrift stores and finding a pair of high waisted jeans and cutting them yourself…great for the wallet….

posted about 2 years ago

lalalander123
Style_council
lalalander123

Zara has some of the best denim pieces I’ve ever come across. I got one of my high-waisted shorts for maybe around $50… possibly a little bit more – but I’d suggest you look at some of the stuff that they have :)

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i only one like one pair of high-waisted shorts from at least 3 years ago!i can never find any cheap ones,i feel your pain b/c i love them!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION