SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whynotkayla
Style_council
whynotkayla

Hey Ladies, What do you think of vintage jewelry and accessories? Do you have a piece from your mother or grandmother that’s sentimental? Spill the Deets!

posted over 2 years ago
whynotkayla
Style_council
whynotkayla

Personally I have 2 broaches and a necklace from my Great-Grandma, and a Gold Belt from my Grandma. I love them both very much and the pieces are a special memory.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

This is a great topic!! However, since it’s not about shopping, I would suggest posting it in the Ready-to-Wear Forum

posted over 2 years ago

MeliisJ
Style_council
MeliisJ

i love this idea

posted over 2 years ago

FelicitaHioe
Style_council
FelicitaHioe

I wish I have.. but not! I just got some clothes from my grandma, and it’s so vintage :D

posted over 2 years ago

IntricatelyDshvld
Style_council
IntricatelyD...

I have a few of my grandmother’s things. My favorite piece I have of hers is probably her class ring from 1955! It’s a really beautiful yellow gold and ruby. I also have a gold ring and an eel skin purse of hers from the 60’s that’s really beautiful! I think it is awesome that I can pass it on to my daughter…it creates family heirlooms!

posted over 2 years ago

TheresaPaquette
Style_council
TheresaPaquette

The vast majority of my accessories used to be my mom’s. She’s got tons of cool things handed down from her mother, plus a couple class rings, and ’80s tough girl skulls, sayings, etc. that I love. Only from her have I seen an earring that reads “F*** off” (minus the *s) and a ring fashioned as an armed with a clenched fist.

posted over 2 years ago

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

My mother has a lot of beautiful things from France. I now have this NafNaf orange belt and an United Colors of Benetton top!

posted over 2 years ago

StffLndg
Style_council
StffLndg

I wish I have. I only got her clothes, which are awesome too. I’m hoping to get one of her expensive collections of classic Kebaya Nyonya. It’s awesome. Google it!

posted over 2 years ago

theprincessofla
New_user theprincessofla is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When theprincessofla reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
theprincessofla

i love vintage acceories. i have some from my family. I enjoy going through thie r jewely to fond omething really cool

posted over 2 years ago

ShoveOn
Style_council
ShoveOn

[hey}
I wish i had vintage jewelry. I’m always shopping for jewelry and can never find the right things….I have to really look around in some vintage shops but i don’t know where any are :P
x

posted over 2 years ago

EsmeRose
Style_council
EsmeRose

I have a few rings which my Grandma gave me…. I absolutely love them because they go with everything I wear and don’t just look tacky!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION