SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
taralily
Style_council
taralily

I’ve been looking for a Victorian-esque blouse for some time now. They really aren’t something you are going to find in most chain clothing stores, it seems.

I’m looking for something resembling any of these:

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/28/3/AAAAAsaHD1QAAAAAACg-Qg.jpg

http://www.suesoldfashions.com/photos/Beth%27s%20victorian%20blouse.jpg

Anyone have suggestions on where I could fine one?

posted almost 4 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I would check around vintage and thrift stores. And you could make/edit one yourself! Also, you could shop at any of a thousand stores that sell lolita blouses, if you know what lolita is. Try metamorphose temps de fille, baby the stars shine bright, angelic pretty, or any number of cheaper brands. :)

taralily
Style_council
taralily

Oh, I adore the lolita style. The problem is that they tend to sell very expensive, even on places like ebay. $100 is often on the inexpensive side for something lolita.

I haven’t given vintage and thrift stores a try yet, though! Hope I get lucky :)

HandbagsandGladrags
Style_council
HandbagsandG...

I just typed in Lolita blouses and the first link was this website: http://www.milanoo.com/wholesale-LolitaBlouses-c637

Apparently they do free shipping.

Some of them are a bit overly fussy, but a few are really nice. I love the first black one.

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

try Heavy Red

it’s got gothy stuff, more on the victorian influenced side. they do have some good blouses.

also that brings to mind that you could try a local store that caters to the more goth scene, since sometimes some really nice victorian inspired designs can emerge in the clothes found there. however you will be probably dealing with mostly black and other deep dark colours :)

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Hopeless Romantic Ruffled Blouse

^Check that out.

Based on the photos shown, you’re asking for quite a bit of details here, so I don’t think you’ll find what you want easily in a chain store (Although you should give Forever 21 a look, as they consistently carry very femme & frilly clothes), unless you widen your search to something that’s a little ruffly or a little lacy. Thrifting may be even more difficult (since you will have to sort through many more items, and there’s no guarantee that you’ll find anything close, or if you do find it, in the size you want.) You’ll probably have the best results through online stores that specialize in Victorian-inspired wear. Don’t worry though, there are plenty sites that you can look at. Enjoy shopping!

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Have you checked bodyline taralily? they usually have blouses for like….twenty bucks or so…and they’ve got a lot of variations…

I like the ones above, especially the one the_ed posted!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION