SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

So last year for Halloween I was Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials (ya know?) and I know it’s not Halloween just yet, but I just wanted some creative input
~Nothing slutty or whatnot
also, I was thinking of a mermaid…but I’m not so sure how to pull that one off
Help!!

posted about 3 years ago
sloan
Style_council
sloan

This year I’m thinking of being waldo. That way after Halloween when everyone is looking through pictures from Halloween parties it will be like looking through a Where’s Waldo? book.

I’ll either do that or Rosie the Riveter. She’s pretty cool.

posted about 3 years ago

JaquelynAurora
Style_council
JaquelynAurora

well i have two ideas that I don’t mind if you use as well :)
I wanted to do either a Glam-rock superhero and do all sorts of crazy makeup and get a green wig
or my bf & i were going to go as Courtney Love & Kurt Cobain

posted about 3 years ago

PJstyles
Style_council
PJstyles

The most fun and dorkiest costume I’ve ever come up with was for my husband – a porcupine. I took two cheap collanders and ran a bunch of plastic ties he uses for his heating and air business through the inside of the collanders – taped them down – then spraypainted the collanders brown -leaving the tie tips white. With some elastic – I secured one collander to his head and one to his back. He just wore a plaid shirt and jeans. He got tons of compliments about his fun costume.

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

Thanks so much for all the ideas!

posted about 3 years ago

ibemamo
New_user ibemamo is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ibemamo reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ibemamo

This year I was thinking of dressing up likeJulia Child and carrying around a rubber chicken.

posted about 3 years ago

KrystalGrace
Style_council
KrystalGrace

When in doubt be a cat, so easy to do. I did that last year for a last minute costume.

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

I actually love LOVE cats, but it seems like just about everyone does ’em and it always ends up looking…slut-tastic

posted about 3 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

Last year I was Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

posted about 3 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

I’m thinking of being a mermaid for halloween too! I was thinking I’d make a long skirt out of some sort of shimmery,blue/green material and just make the bottom of it slightly tail shaped and then wear a bikini top and put a starfish clip in my hair.

One year me and my friends were spongebob themed, (I was patrick) so you could pick a show or cartoon or something and dress up as a character and once my friend was a sumo wrestler which was a really funny costume.

I think they’re quite unique costumes:)

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

LauraL that sounds like a really cute idea for a mermaid costume! Mind if I steal it? ;)

Ohmygoodness!! My friends and I all love Spongebob haha! Thanks so much girl.

posted about 3 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

I was a Bloody Mary. (Like the drink.) I got a red dress and had a piece of celery at my side and a piece of mint/parsley on my head. xD

posted about 3 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I think the idea LauraL gave for the mermaid was pretty cute! I know what you mean about just about anything looking kinda slutty! I was thinking of going as rainbow brite!

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

Thank you so much guys! I love new ideas always
But the Bloody Mary idea…GENIUS, girl!

posted about 3 years ago

sassyxclassy
Style_council
sassyxclassy

This year I’m going to be Betty Boop. I like costume ideas where you can wear it again after Halloween. So I’m going to buy a strappless red dress, a garter belt and glue a fabric heart on it and some red pumps.

I think the best costumes are ones that you can make. Last year my friend was alphabet soup. She made a red dress made of red felt and attached wooden letters with velcro and had a headband with a red bow and an empty can of cambell’s soup. She carried a wodden spoon with her too.

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

AW! I love the alphabet soup idea! I might have to do that one annnd my mermaid one this year haha

posted about 3 years ago

blueviolet725
Style_council
blueviolet725

a pillow case with arm and head openings painted like a playing card- queen of hearts.
a yellow cowboy hat and a tan trench coat with a stuffed monkey- from curious george.
get plastic food and glue it above the waist, paper bag skirt- you are a trip to the grocery store.
one time, (last minute) a friend grabbed a birthday hat, put bows on and stuck birthday candles on a corsage and went as the birthday girl…

posted about 3 years ago

eeEmily
Style_council
eeEmily

OH! I love the birthday girl idea!

posted about 3 years ago

sandmallow
Style_council
sandmallow

I was Sookie Stackhouse from Trueblood, I think characters from tv shows/ movies are fun to do. You can often use stuff you already have at home to help play up your costume.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION