SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
J_xan
Style_council
J_xan

What do you think? Do you still wear them? Like half of the people I know who used to wear them won’t even dare anymore.

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
strawberrt
Style_council
strawberrt

slippers look-alikes! My mom tried to convince be to buy a pair, but I refuse to give in

posted over 4 years ago

xoxoKAT
Style_council
xoxoKAT

many girls at my school wear them(: majority of them are UGGs but some girls tend to wear knockoffs. i live in california so the weather is usually sunny, so uggs that are $200+ i guess aren’t really worth it since the weather isn’t extremely cold. i for one, like them(: they’re very comfortable and keep your feet warm! i have classic brown ones<3 plus, on the days when i feel lazy i just put on some jeans, a hoodie, and my uggs.

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think they are pretty ugly but looking at the amount of people still wearing them, they seem to still be in style.

posted about 4 years ago

littlerain
Style_council
littlerain

i don’t really think they’ve been “in style” since like…. 2004, when all the celebs were wearing them and all the girls in high school were wearing them with jeans or skirts, etc. Even so, you can’t escape the fact that it’s warm and you have to wear something when it’s cold. Theyre probably the least ugly cold-weather boot option, i suppose.

posted about 4 years ago

Kello
Style_council
Kello

I was never fond of them but I see people wearing them all the time on my campus still.

posted about 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

takes a deep breath

OK…if you want a comfortable and warm shoe, spend $35 on a pair of “skater shoes.” (I really hate that term, but there’s nothing else that sounds better.) No, not the canvas ones, the sneaker types with the raised platform and the puffy top edges. I owned 2 pairs of said shoes by Vans, one which I bought for Freshman year of high school, the other was purchased less than a year later. Both of them finally wore out last year. And I beat them up like there was no tomorrow. (~6 years of wear. If you bought your ugglies in 2004, you still are paying more for the shoe than both of mine.) I’m pretty sure I wore them during the winter, too. I know I mowed the lawn with pair 1, since it has grass stains on it. Point is, if you spend more than $35 on a shoe, you’re doing it for some part of the style, not comfort alone. And if you’re gonna spend $35 on a comfy “winter” shoe, you may as well get a comfy “all-season” shoe, like the aforementioned Vans. Don’t pay hundreds for what is essentially a taller, fleece-lined slipper. You can get Dreamsoles for as much as a tenth of the price of a pair of ugglies. Oh, and did I mention that many of the knock-off ugglies are made with Suede/faux suede. Why on earth would you wear suede in the freaking middle of winter? Can’t you see that half of your shoe is discolored because of the salt and moisture? I don’t care if you like ugglies when you see them in the store window. Boots that are the color of sludge = not pretty.

And while we’re on the subject of Hideous shoes that shouldn’t exist…don’t you dare pick up any Crocs either, unless you’re into toe mutilation or fungal infection.

Ok, that’s all I have to say about those silly excuses for boots. I swear.

posted about 4 years ago

A_Odessa
Style_council
A_Odessa

I wish Ugg boots remained a surfer trend, or as WWI aviator boots. Thanks to a few “hip” Hollywood females, we have one of the ugliest trends ever. I just wish it would die out already.

posted about 4 years ago

Anne_Sophie
Style_council
Anne_Sophie

I’ve always been a No Ugg Boots kind of person. I find them ugly and useless if you don’t surf, or use them as slippers because they’re quite comfy as I’ve been told. I’ve been spotting less and less Ugg Boots in the streets lately. I think they’re going to disappear soon.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’ll admit, I wore a pair of fake Uggs (yeah Kmart!) for winters during my first few years of college— 2006, 2007-ish. I liked them because they were easy to find, cheap, socially acceptable (fashion crime as they may be, I was certainly not alone when I wore them on my campus), warm, flat, and comfortable. They were perfect for long walks across campus during winter. I feel like I didn’t see many styles of boots within my price range that were FLAT at that point in time. I love boots, but heeled boots + campus commuting don’t mix well, especially in winter— at least in my world. So (fake) Uggs it was.

Now that I’ve got a cute pair of motorcycle boots, I don’t wear the Uggs anymore. It was time for a change; I got sick of the look on myself as well as on other people. I don’t know if they were ever really stylish or not, but I think they are becoming less popular. Still, I don’t blame anybody who still wears them for the comfort and warmth. (What I don’t get is the girls in warm climates who pair them with miniskirts and bare legs?).

posted about 4 years ago

SageAguirre
Style_council
SageAguirre

they never were.

posted about 4 years ago

Benji
Style_council
Benji

eww here where i live girls always wear UGG boots with bootie shorts its so nasty what a fashion no no its known as the california uniform. they are a walking oxymoron are they hot or cold?

posted about 4 years ago

majelheart
Style_council
majelheart

please say they’re out of style

posted about 4 years ago

thelmaemily
Style_council
thelmaemily

im done with them.
http://www.eastcoastcouturist.com/2010/02/sign-of-maturity.html

posted about 4 years ago

Jan9th
Style_council
Jan9th

They are ugly, but I don’t think they’ll be leaving soon. Too many little tweens buy them cause they think it makes them cool.

posted about 4 years ago

Randi_Nichole
Style_council
Randi_Nichole

Gaah, I seriously hope so! I don’t care how comfy they are, they look like burnt marshmellows and are a quick death to a nice outfit.

posted about 4 years ago

Lisa_Adorkable
Style_council
Lisa_Adorkable

Tell the Truth I didn’t care for them at first but Ive seem to had gotten plowed in with everyone in my town wearing em I mean Of course they make ur feet look huge but at the same time there warm and comfy for winter and price shouldn’t make the judgment on what type or how much you pay for Boots that will get dirty in the snow I like em love not so much but eh….Soon spring will be here and im Off with the ugg’s and in with the flats and pumps <3.

posted about 4 years ago

inPassing
Style_council
inPassing

some styles of uggs are ok looking but i buy them only cause they’re really comfy

posted about 4 years ago

antoinettemarie
Style_council
antoinettemarie

UGH! they are still taking over my school, but I wish they would go away :(

posted about 4 years ago

meggo
Style_council
meggo

i don’t think they are cute but living in ny sometimes it is so cold that you need something to really keep you warm. i have a pair of gold uggs that i wear a lot during winter when i’m going casual places. but if you’re going to wear them have some originality with it. don’t do the head to toe abercrombie/ leggings and long tshirt/sweater look. you can work them into your own personal style.

posted about 4 years ago

WalkingMadness
Style_council
WalkingMadness

I know they are comfortable and warm, but definitely not fashionable at all. They were invented by pilots in World War I solely to keep their feet warm, and you know fashion was not on their mind. If it is really cold, by all means, keep warm! If it is over 80 degrees most of the year (like it is in Mississippi), why even bother spending that ungodly amount of money for Uggly boots?

posted about 4 years ago

AMiBLy
Style_council
AMiBLy

They are practical if u live in maine (like i did) when you dont want to freeze ur feet off. But the are soo…. clunky!! blek!

posted about 4 years ago

kaitlynmarie
Style_council
kaitlynmarie

they aren’t the most fashionable shoes available, but they are too comfy to hate. i have a pair and whenever im having one of those days were i cant stand the idea of wearing heels i slip the uggs on; its like walking on a cloud. Honestly.

posted about 4 years ago

thelbd
Shop_seller_2 thelbd is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thelbd

uggs are so…ugly!

posted about 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION