SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
DeeALAMode
Style_council
DeeALAMode

Okay so like any other fashion-lover, I want to look good. But like many students, I am strapped for cash. I never realized that so many people shop at thrift stores, and I want in! I live in Ontario, Canada outside Toronto (Whitby specifically, if any of you are familiar).

Where can I find good thrift stores?

posted over 4 years ago
ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

Hipster Musings lives there and she goes thrifting all the time. You could try shooting her an e-mail and asking where she likes to shop.
Other than that; look at your Yellow Pages under “thrift stores,” “secondhand,” “consignment,” etc.

posted over 4 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

I would take a trip to Detroit! I used to live in the area, and would go to Windsor, Ontario all the time. Not sure how far away you are, but 1 1/2 hour drive isn’t too bad.

posted over 4 years ago

Donnie_
Style_council
Donnie_

I live outside Toronto too!
GTA life haha

posted over 4 years ago

DeeALAMode
Style_council
DeeALAMode

That designer vintage shop is expensive! I want to go thrifting for better prices, not spend $1554 (1050 Euro) on a Louis Vuitton bag!

And Windsor is 5 hours away lol, so that won’t work either.

Ugh, GTA, where are your thrift stores… :)

posted over 4 years ago

marisa03
Style_council
marisa03

i like to go to value village for most of my thrift finds. i dont mind picking through hundreds of items if i can find something great at a low price :)

posted over 4 years ago

d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

OMG same situation !!
Umm kensington market is the only place i can think of but it’s not really thrift.

posted over 4 years ago

PRETTYINSEQUINS
Style_council
PRETTYINSEQUINS

To be honest ebay is fantastic. There are a million personal mini shops on there I come across new ones every day. Very addicting ! Just simple type what you are looking for and you will find some real cool shops!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION