SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
voguecity
Style_council
voguecity

Let’s say you’ve come across a pair of boyfriend jeans while you were window shopping in the city. You are immediately entranced. You have never owned a pair of boyfriend jeans and you fall in love. You try them on; they’re snug and fit you perfectly. You check the price tag: $255.

So, what would you do? What makes those amazing jeans worth $255, how often would you have to wear it to make it worth it?

What’s the most you would pay for not just jeans, but something else you’ve fallen in love with?

posted about 1 year ago
BeagleLover
Style_council
BeagleLover

I think it depends on what it is, if it’s a one off thing that I know I can’t get anywhere else or make myself then I’d probably pay the price no matter how dear, just so long as it doesn’t make me homeless or in debt of course (;

posted about 1 year ago

Sed_non_Satiata
Style_council
Sed_non_Satiata

I don’t think I’d ever pay more than $100 for ANYTHING unless they were shoes. I would be willing to pay a little more for basics because I’d wear them more frequently and so the cost per wear would be relatively low.

posted about 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I don’t really spend a lot on clothing, but my real splurges would be on designer bags and shoes. I feel those are the items that can really define a person.

posted about 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Shoes I would splurge on, but I just do not get this $300 jeans thing. Sure they last a while, but seriously, a pair of Levi’s is probably exactly the same!

I’d pay over $300 for a really nice winter coat or winter boots. Other than that, I think you can get the same quality at a better price for most things.

posted about 1 year ago

KANDALS
Shop_seller_2 KANDALS is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
KANDALS

First off, we’d look if it’s on sale some place online. If there’s no discount on them, well, as students it’s hard to afford such high priced denims so find something similar. And do a little DIY styling to make it personal.

posted about 1 year ago

chillygodzilly
Style_council
chillygodzilly

I don’t think I’d pay over $100 dollars for anything. I’d rather try and find something similar or to try and make it myself. Sometimes you’re paying for the name and not the quality.

posted 12 months ago

thecassiepaige
Style_council
thecassiepaige

Aren’t most designer jeans around that price though? I think designer jeans are worth it!

posted 12 months ago

AlisonRose
Style_council
AlisonRose

Hmm, maybe only £130, for like a prom dress or something! There are better deals out there!

posted 12 months ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

for a boyfriend jean sounds like its highway robbery.I have only one expensive jean and I still regret buying it since it dont fit me anymore

posted 12 months ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

depends entirely on the item—what type, and how unique/rare it is.

I’ll splurge on coats, shoes, handbags, etc,, but I’d never pay $300 for a basic tshirt. If I found a $200 dress and I absolutely know I couldn’t find anything like it elsewhere, I’d get it. but a pair of boyfriend jeans, I could probably get for much cheaper and still be satisfied with the fit/look. my favorite skinny jeans ever were only $20 lol.

posted 12 months ago

modmodestyle
Shop_seller_2 modmodestyle is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
modmodestyle

It depends on the item. However I have paid over $100.00 for some jeans— (hangs head in shame)! But I am not a splurge shopper, I like to find deals. But when you work everyday and you afford to treat yourself to something nice; I say why not! I just wouldn’t make it an everyday thing! :)

posted 12 months ago

JaneFuren
Style_council
JaneFuren

If a dress is really gorgeous and my money sleeps careful in my pocket…. I suppose I could use $200…

posted 12 months ago

RachelPheasant
Style_council
RachelPheasant

I have messed up legs/feet as a result of a car accident so finding shoes that fit well and are still attractive is really important to me. I would definitely spend more that $100 on a pair of shoes. I find, and maybe others do to, that if I end up spending a lot on an item it is usually worth it. This is mostly because I have spent so long thinking about the item and saving for it that by the time I buy it I am almost sure it will become a wardrobe staple.

posted 12 months ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

In the past I would have spent that much on a pair of jeans as that seems like an item you could get a lot of use out of but now that I have found The Salvation Army, I am much happier shopping there. I once paid 50 dollars to have my eye brows shaped at Neiman Marcus. not sure why I did that. sounds so stupid to me now.

posted 12 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION