Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kcchuu
Style_council
kcchuu

IT LAUNCHED! :)
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servle…

posted about 6 years ago
rainelyn
Style_council
rainelyn

ahhhhh no more waiting 3 wks to get stuff shipped woohoo :D nov cannot come soon enough though. i really hate shopping online bc i cant feel the clothes first. haha is that weird

posted about 6 years ago

SingForAbsolution
Style_council
SingForAbsol...

Oh snap, nice! I bought a few things from there while I was in Europe, now I can get more

posted about 6 years ago

jubisaurus
Style_council
jubisaurus

YES!! Awesome!!

posted almost 6 years ago

JaneDoe
Style_council
JaneDoe

Cool. Now we have to wait 5-10 more years for it to come to Canada. I hate our country’s lack of awesome stores.

sneakachu
Style_council
sneakachu

So I find this website, join, and find this topic? What a great day.

stephanista
Style_council
stephanista

When I saw this I thought it meant that maybe the store had opened. let me down.

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Theres bound to be loads opening in the usa in the next few years. I went on the site expecting to find different things to what we have ok the uk. But it all seems to be the same. x

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i weep at the beauty of the shoe section.

not really.

but anyway, it’s definitely the best part of Topshop and i’m glad you guys get to enjoy it now!

posted over 5 years ago

elizabeth_daisy
Style_council
elizabeth_daisy

Gosh! I didnt realise how popular topshop was with people in other countries. I feel really lucky now that I have a TOPSHOP 20 mins away! :D

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

When the Topshop opens in New York I will undoubtedly take a trip up there…

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

“Theres bound to be loads opening in the usa in the next few years. I went on the site expecting to find different things to what we have ok the uk. But it all seems to be the same. x”

Given the massive retail slowdown, the opening of the first Topshop was already quite an achievement unto itself. As it stands, nearly every aspect of retail (except menswear) is experiencing negative growth. Topshop most certainly plans and wants to expand into the US, but I’m not sure that now is the time to do that.

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

I dont think todays economy will stop Phil Green

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I don’t think Phil Green has a line of bankers going out the door begging to drop off loads of credit at his footstep. Lending criteria are getting increasingly stringent and the American middle-class is particularly scared as commodity prices have increased. The amount of disposable income is rapidly vanishing as fixed payments like mortgages and medical bills consume more of the average person’s paycheck. Normally, most folks would have equity to help shore up their credit, but as housing values have plummeted, there’s less of that to go around, too.

In short, yes. I think today’s economy will stop Phil Green. Or slow him down significantly.

posted over 5 years ago

strvngrtst929
Style_council
strvngrtst929

WHAT?! Did I read something about a topshop opening in NYC???? WHEN OH WHEN?!

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Haha check their site for full details :)

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

I work for Arcadia – topshop and tbh nothing with this “credit crunch” has affected our sales. We’re doing better than ever. You can’t slow down determination, I’m sure him or some other big wig there will find a way

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Sales are not the singular factor that determines the viability of expansion. Whether or not your customers have credit is entirely separate from whether or not banks will offer up credit for projects that are driven not by revenue, but capital.

posted over 5 years ago

fetchezlavache
Style_council
fetchezlavache

on my recent trip to israel i got to go into my first topshop. i was sooo excited.

love at first sight, and i wanted to buy everything, but it was too hard to convert everything from sheckels to us money to figure out the prices =)

posted over 5 years ago

Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

I’d stay and debate this but I’ve much better things to be doing. I know what I’ve been educated to believing, and I’d disagree with all of what you said.

posted over 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

ohh…lovely

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION