SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
katiegenevieve
Style_council
katiegenevieve

Does anybody else find themselves dying to go shopping everyday, even if you just recently went on a spree? I am constantly finding new stores around me that I love, and I was cursed by living 2 minutes away from the largest commercial shopping mall in the united states. I love clothes, shopping and fashion, but is there a time to stop. Have I taken it to a level that is borderline obsessive. I need to know that there are otheres out there like me…I’m not talking about spending hundreds of dollars per item, but i do find myself on random buying sprees. For example, just yesterday I found myself at Lululemon buying a new workout outfit, south moon under buying a new pair of sandals, an overpriced shirt, and a new bandeau, and then i came home only to buy a new pair of Hunter rain boots because i conviced myself I was sick of my old colour.

posted over 4 years ago
JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I think if you’re questioning your behavior, then there is probably something to worry about. But I guess it’s only a problem when you don’t have the income to sustain such a life style. I’m probably the total opposite of this, and I’d say… you may need to talk to someone.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

If its causing problems in other areas of your life…from relationships to finances, then yes. get some help. shopaholics anon lol

posted over 4 years ago

music56765
Style_council
music56765

I am right there with ya. I live about 25 minutes from any mall so i dont get to go all the time but during the week, i want to so bad! And when i am at the stores, i never want to leave. I love to just look at and try on the clothes and if i find something that i like and i dont buy it, i obsess over it! I will not go home without buying something form somewhere.

posted about 4 years ago

lexiee3
Style_council
lexiee3

I feel the same! I always want to go to the mall and buy something, anything for that matter. I don’t care if it’s from target, the mall, or the internet. What I try to do is look for stuff on the internet and try to compare prices and look at reviews. That way I shop less and save a tad more.

posted about 4 years ago

VivaciousVee
Style_council
VivaciousVee

@Katie. Girl i am the same way. I love love love to shop. I don’t even live that close to any shopping malls or anything. You are not alone.

posted about 4 years ago

LuisaOutLoud
Style_council
LuisaOutLoud

I know how you feel. For the last 3 weeks I’ve had this insane craving for buying something expensive…. maybe it’s because I’m broke!

posted about 4 years ago

melavond
Style_council
melavond

I shop online enough to have something coming in the mail everyday of the week, I live right next door to a Nordstroms, and every other store i love, i am at a goodwill at least 2-3 times a week, and I find myself not even able to walk into a drug store without buying a new bottle of nail polish. In the end though, no matter how often or how much you spend on a single item. if its not hurting you in a mental or financial way, or anyone else in your life for that matter, than you should do what you love.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION