Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  blousesdressesfashionfashionjewelryjewelrytopstrends
carlyjean
Style_council
carlyjean

Most sites that ship to Canada like Topshop and ASOS attack you at the door with duties and customs fees.
Anyone know of any good online stores that have the duties and taxes included in the shipping to Canada?

I bought 2 dresses and a purse from ASOS in the summer and at the door I had to cough up just over $40 at the door when my package arrived. Same with Urban Outfitters.

It’s just annoying! Anyone have any good suggestions? :)

posted about 3 years ago
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

That sucks! I never had to think about that… but maybe small online boutiques that are in Canada to begin with. If I see any, I’ll let you know! :)

posted about 3 years ago

thesimpletheory
Style_council
thesimpletheory

i feel you girl! online shopping is the best until you realize that 1) they don’t ship to canada 2) if they do they charge to a ridiculous amount for shipping 3) the customs taxes 4) less selection if they have a canadian site

just the other day, i was going to order something on kiehl’s in their holiday gift sets section but then i realized i was shopping on the american website. when i went on the canadian website, they didn’t even offer the gift sets. sephora marks some of their products with free shipping but when you go to the canadian checkout, they charge you with shipping… does not make any sense… it’s one thing when companies explicitly say that they don’t do free shipping for canada for their own reasons (i understand that). it’s another when they false advertise on other pages then when it’s time to ring up the bill they tag on charges… sighhh that’s my rant for today

posted about 3 years ago

carlyjean
Style_council
carlyjean

Believe me I know. Lately I’ve been going to the shipping section before I even get to the shopping part to see what they have to say about duties. I don’t mind the shipping cost if it’s something I really want but it’s the duties that irritates me

posted about 3 years ago

KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

I live in Canada, and when I usually order online, I make the shipping’s free! There’s tons of offers on lots of websites like if you order over $40 the shipping’s free.

posted almost 2 years ago

DivaNY_Com
Style_council
DivaNY_Com

Check out www.DivaNY.com

DivaNY_Com
Style_council
DivaNY_Com

Check out www.DivaNY.com

abbie22
Style_council
abbie22

I completely understand. When I was living overseas it was extremely difficult to get certain places to ship without being super expensive. I found this really cute store bonne chance collections while I was there and everything is under $50 with free priority shipping worldwide on every order. They have never charged me any additional fees ever and my items always got there quickly.
http://bonnechancecollections.com

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

www.mixmoss.com
ship to Canada ,and no duties .

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

Perhaps you'll like Mishpish Boutique.

It's based in Canada so no duties :) and there is free shipping at the moment.

posted 9 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION