SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Prestidigitation
Style_council
Prestidigita...

yeah, I know, big fuax pas, but I’ve been shopping around online and they look really good, I’m just not sure if I believe them. I’m looking for good quality givenchy nightingale in particular. anybody have any experience with online replica bag stores?

posted about 6 years ago
magenta
Style_council
magenta

i wouldn’t buy an online replica because you never know how they’ll be in real life. and most of the time the inside of the bag will be really bad quality and will fall apart super easily. but if you think about it, and you really want it, then take a chance. but ask yourself if you want the fake, or if you want to wait for the real thing. so silly, but it works ;)

posted about 6 years ago

elleandthecity
Style_council
elleandthecity

I’ve only bought one replica bag ever… a Louis Vuitton. I happen to have a lot of replica bags though, because I’ll get them as gifts from a family member who gets them cheap in NYC. While it’s nice to have the real thing, these replicas seem to be getting more and more believeable. I once bought a replica without even knowing it, meaning, I wasn’t looking for a designer hand bag, but happened to buy a knock off of a very pricey bag. I’d much rather buy a stylish bag that I’m totally into over a designer bag.

posted about 6 years ago

neen_cicero
Style_council
neen_cicero

i bought a D&G bag in Egypt that they called “authentic” ha though they were clearly lying through their teeth because it cost 20 euros… so i knew it was fake before i bought it… it actually looked great and was really cute… but the handles broke off and the stitching became unraveled in about a month… just because something is cheap in price it doesn’t always mean it’s worth it… i think it is better to buy a bag or product in general that is a little more money and better quality and will last longer, verses buying a new cheaper bag that will break in a month and then you have to keep buying new ones… if you add all those months and the prices of the bags that are cheaper it usually adds up to the price of a nice expensive bag that will last longer then you care to use it… that’s my reasoning in not feeling guilty about occasionally buying expensive things ha…
here’s a visual for those of you who learn better that way:
cheap bag= 30 dollars maybe
breaks every month or (12 months of replacing bags with the price of $30)
30(12)= $360
expensive bags cost about that price of $360 and will likely last some years verses a month or so…
also ebay has tons of bags, if your looking for lower prices… i would go there to buy bags if i were you..

posted about 6 years ago

New_user 6281 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 6281 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Well, I mostly agree with what everyone here is saying but styles change. Why spend a huge amount of money on a bag that may or may not be “cool” in a couple months? In that sense, I guess it’s better to go with cheaper bags that you like but are unsure will stay “in”. Although when you see an expensive bag that you know you’ll LOVE forever then it IS worth the money because you want it to LAST forever (:

posted about 6 years ago

pandaman0005
Style_council
pandaman0005

Replica bags are a waste of money…you can get great bags for the same price that don’t bear a designer names…and hte quality is a lot better
You ruin the brand’s artistic and cultural heritage by buying replicas…I like to compare bags to novels or art…how would you like it if someone took your hard work and profited off of your sweat and blood
Plus, many counterfeit bag rings have been traced to supporting despots/terrorists in the Middle East and Africa

posted about 6 years ago

hautexOcouture
Style_council
hautexOcouture

Most knockoffs are made my child labor and also I find it offending to the designer. Plus most of them are cheaply made and look cheap in general.

posted about 6 years ago

xovicks
Style_council
xovicks

DON’T DO IT!
I think it’s embarrassing & tacky.
Save up for the real thing, or buy a regular bag. Not all cute bags are designer.

posted about 5 years ago

chloeloveschloe
Style_council
chloeloveschloe

never. real designers work hard to make items
i agree with oyitsjess

posted about 5 years ago

preppymeister
Style_council
preppymeister

If you really can’t afford the big brands try going for low-key designer bags that are not that expensive. Try Coach, Fendi, Kate Spade, even Longchamp which I swear by :)

posted about 5 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

^I would just ignore that post above me.

To OP: Chances are, it might not be as great (imagine bad zipper that can’t function well).

If you are looking for good quality bags in general, there are affordable low-key brands that are out there (as mentioned by most posters before me).

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION