SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AshleyFashion
Style_council
AshleyFashion

I’ve been completely lusting over the Miu Miu Vitello Lux Bow Satchel in black. At Bergdorfs (where some intuitive saleswoman immediately directed me to this bag) it retails for around $1400, with tax $1500. For me this is a major investment which requires a great deal of thought. While internally debating I started looking around for the bag online. I couldn’t find it listed on the Bergdorf’s site; in fact I could barely find it at all. Through Polyvore I ended up finding the bag on a site called diabro.net. Here the bag is only $1,000.

Is that legit? Fakes tend to be at the most 1/10 the price of the real ones. But I’ve never heard of this website before and I’m scared to trust it. What would you guys do?

posted almost 4 years ago
roxthefox
Style_council
roxthefox

I don’t think fake items are that expensive. From what I know, fake items, even for the top designers at higher quality than the China-town stuff, does not equate more than a couple hundred bucks. Did you do some research on the website? I usually look for the ‘BBB (Better Business Beaureu) logo to determine the legitimacy of a website. If not, check their return policy. You can get the bag, take it to Bergdorf’s to verify it’s authenticity, and if it turns out to be fake, you can return it (granted the website vouches for its authenticity).

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

haha i like real, but fake….is cheaper

AshleyFashion
Style_council
AshleyFashion

roxthefox………very good advice thank you! I’m going to look for the BBB symbol right now.

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

Sadly it’s not always easy to spot fakes and price isn’t always an idicator. $500 is still quite a lot off if it’s still this season so I think you’re right to be cautious.

IntrinsicallyFlorrie
Style_council
Intrinsicall...

Seems to be a mixture of feedback on the internet but a certain amount of fakery I’m afraid =(
http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/my-girlfriends-gift-is-here-pics-133019.html

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

Hmmm it’s probably real…I could never imagine spending that kind of money on a bag lol….

REPLY TO DISCUSSION